PDA

View Full Version : moderate files, and seeing the config.php file

tspore
03-01-2006, 05:39 AM
I can not in the admincp see the link "moderate files" or get into the config.php file located within fourthirdsphoto.com/photoplog
What do I need to do, what are the file permissions?
Thanks
Tony

Morgan
03-01-2006, 05:46 AM
There isn't a way to see the PhotoPlog config file via the vB ACP. You'd need to edit the PhotoPlog config file on your local machine and then FTP it to your server. If you are not seeing the 'Moderate Files' link in the PhotoPlog group shown in the vB ACP, then try FTPing all the PhotoPlog files over to your server, overwriting the old PhotoPlog files.

tspore
03-01-2006, 06:05 AM
Content visible to registered users only.

I have modified the config file to read my forum's website. So that is done.
I uploaded over all the files the files in the folder. I still cannot see the files.
Lastly I think I have a error accessing the photoplog directory.
http://fourthirdsphoto.com/photoplog
So what should i do now?

Morgan
03-01-2006, 06:14 AM
Both fourthirdsphoto.com and fourthirdsphoto.com/photoplog currently show the same content on screen, so it seems that you have something, such as an htaccess file, redirecting PhotoPlog back to the main index page for your site.

tspore
03-01-2006, 06:35 AM

I changed the htaccess file so it won't rewrite to the home page. It says its a 500 internal server error. so I don't know what to do.
For the moderate comments file I get a 404 file.
Thanks for the quick reply.
If we get this working I will forsure upgrade to the pro version I appreciate it a lot.

Morgan
03-01-2006, 03:27 PM
The 500 internal server error might be from a mistake in the htaccess file. Try temporarily renaming .htaccess to .htaccess_temp and see if the error goes away. For the 404 not found error, are the following files located in your /forum/admincp directory? What happens if you call /forum/admincp/photoplog_comment.php from your browser?

tspore
03-01-2006, 03:38 PM
I disabled the htaccess file:
and for the comment.php, it works.

But if I type in fourthirdsphoto.com/photoplog/index.php
I get a 404 error.

Morgan
03-01-2006, 04:16 PM
The fourthirdsphoto.com/photoplog link looks to still be redirecting back to your main site page. Is the /photoplog directory in web root on your server?

tspore
03-01-2006, 04:37 PM
When I change the .htaccess page, it screws up all the content, on the site. But I will leave it renamed for the time being.
the url for photoplog is:
http://fourthirdsphoto.com/photoplog

So after you look let me know so I can rename the htaccess thanks
Tony

Morgan
03-01-2006, 05:00 PM
This is all a 500 internal server error message. The 404 not found bit you see is that there isn't an error document in place: it's not a 404 PhotoPlog is not found. PhotoPlog is not reached, perhaps because of the htaccess file, but your server error logs may provide a clue. You'll probably need to edit the htaccess file so it doesn't redirect PhotoPlog requests.

tspore
03-03-2006, 05:58 AM
Hum...
This is all that is on my htaccess page
So I don't know what to do:
##
# @version $Id: htaccess.txt,v 1.5 2005/01/22 23:00:27 spacemonkey Exp $
# @package Mambo
# @copyright (C) 2000 - 2005 Miro International Pty Ltd
# @license http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html GNU/GPL
# Mambo is Free Software
##

#
# mod_rewrite in use
#

RewriteEngine On

# Uncomment following line if your webserver's URL
# is not directly related to physical file paths.
# Update YourMamboDirectory (just / for root)

# RewriteBase /YourMamboDirectory

#
# Rules
#

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule ^(.*) index.php

order allow,deny
deny from 81.208.60.206
allow from all

Morgan
03-03-2006, 02:27 PM
If that's all there is to it, then the htaccess file redirects a request to index.php when the request is not a file and not a directory. Where is the photoplog directory on your server? What files are inside? Is there a typo in the directory name?

tspore
03-04-2006, 08:11 PM
Sorry I haven't gotten back to you...
Here is the structure of the site:

Basically, its root/photoplog
& root/vbb (For the forum)
Does photoplog need to be within the forum directory? THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

Morgan
03-04-2006, 10:27 PM
PhotoPlog can be installed anywhere, inside or outside the main forum directory. Is the htaccess file you posted in post11 the only htaccess file? Is there an htaccess file rewriting links like the following:

tspore
03-04-2006, 10:39 PM
?? Maybe a mambo thing, but I don't see anything.
if you type in http://fourthirdsphoto.com/photos
you will see it works.
Would you like to be able to get into the back end of my site and look around?
Such as cpanel, Mambo, vbulletin?
let me know...

I have even tried to set it up as a subdomain.
http://photoplog.fourthirdsphoto.com
here is the error log of it:
[Sat Mar 4 15:02:03 2006] [error] [client x.xxx.xxx.xx] Premature end of script headers: /home/fourthir/public_html/photoplog/index.php

Morgan
03-04-2006, 10:49 PM
Sure, PM me FTP access and vB admin access, and I'll take a look-see.

tspore
03-06-2006, 04:02 AM
Morgan, I thank you for taking the time to help me here, I really appreciate it.
it seems that all is fine now.
I do have one other small question, or thought. Many of the photographers at my site, post pictures off their own server, so I was wondering when they go to upload, could you include a way for them to use their own picture of their own site?
Thanks
Tony

Morgan
03-07-2006, 01:19 PM
PhotoPlog Lite only allows upload from a computer. The Pro version will have a URL upload option.