PDA

View Full Version : Viewing originals

jadkar
02-25-2007, 01:51 AM
I'm about to upgrade to pro however I need to get an answer to something that's been bugging me for a while. I need to be able to give my users the ability to post their original photo in my forum and I know that I have the option of using the text, "small" "medium" or "large" in the URL link to give me the appropriate size. like below

Content visible to registered users only.

However I also know that the original can be refered to by this.....

Content visible to registered users only.

The problem with the above is the directory where the originals reside has the incorrect permissions assigned to it for viewing. If I actually go to my hosting provider and change the directory security to allow "read access" it works but as soon as Photoplog creates a new member directory it messes up the security permissioning again. This leads me to believe that somewhere in the code Photoplog is specifying "no read" access on new folders. Can this be changed somewhere?

Does this make sense :) Please let me know...thanks

Morgan
02-25-2007, 03:59 PM
When a directory PhotoPlog needs does not exist, PhotoPlog will create the directory and try to set it to have 777 permissions. There is nothing in PhotoPlog to downgrade permissions. You might want to look into the umask command to see if your default permissions for files and directories are as you'd prefer.