PDA

View Full Version : Blank page

Bashy
05-05-2007, 09:10 PM
Hi

Just noticed that mine now gives a blank page when going to http://www.bashys-place.com/photoplog/index.php so i just tried the upgrade and chose the 3.6 version, I have also checked the config and it is still the same (100% correct) i am totally baffled, any advice pleas?

This is the error i got when using the original path that it used to be without the /usr/

Content visible to registered users only.

I added /usr/ as the php file said when it checked for the correct dir and this is the error is gives now

As you can see i did a search here and added the code that shows the errors
I also created the php file to get my full forum dir and added it.
I made sure the folder images permissions are 777
I rebuilt bitfields (just in case)
I checked all permissions for me and there 100% ok

Not sure what else to check :(

Any advice please,

Regards

Bashy

Morgan
05-06-2007, 04:34 PM
Let's look at the first warning:
This error says that there is a problem happening at line 4946 of the vB /includes/functions.php file. Line 4946 is the global_complete hook. The error also says that line 186 of some plugin you have that is using the global_complete hook is where the problem resides. The actual error is that /includes/functions_forumlist.php cannot be found, meaning that the plugin might not be using the constant vB DIR when it tries to include the functions_forumlist.php file. PhotoPlog doesn't use the functions_forumlist.php file or the global_complete hook, so it is a different modification, one using the global_complete hook, that you need to edit.

Let's look at the second warning:
This error says that there is a problem happening at line 458 of the PhotoPlog functions.php file. Line 458 is uses the vB fetch_template function to set the navbar. The error also implies that a plugin is being evaluated, and that there is a problem on line 204 of the plugin. However, there are no hooks in either the lite version of PhotoPlog or the vB fetch_template function. Given the second warning started happening after you added /usr to the PhotoPlog config file, remove the /usr bit from the PhotoPlog config file so that the path starts with /home instead. Presumably that change makes it so you get the first warning instead.

Now, as to the first warning, you need to find the plugin, the one using the global_complete hook, where there is an include or require statement made for the /includes/functions_forumlist.php file and set the path using the vB DIR constant, and that should get rid of the warning. Please note that the warning is coming from another modification, not PhotoPlog, but shows up in PhotoPlog because the plugin using the global_complete hook is looking for the /includes/functions_forumlist.php file in the wrong directory when in the gallery.

Once you find the plugin, please let me know the name of the modification, as this functions_forumlist.php related issue has come up a few times. However, as I currently have no idea as to what modification's plugin is apparently not setting the path to functions_forumlist.php correctly, I cannot tell anyone what plugin to edit other than to say it is a plugin looking for the functions_forumlist.php file from the global_complete hook.

Bashy
05-06-2007, 05:04 PM
Hi Morgan

Thank you very much for a detailed analysis of my issue, thats actually one of the best support responses i have ever had, it actually explains exactly what is going on, I will go through all the products fisrt disabling them 1 by 1 as i am sure it will be a product i have installed recently, I will then report back to you...

Thank you so much for your time...

Regards

Bashy
www.bashys-place.com
www.bashys-hosting.com

Bashy
05-06-2007, 05:12 PM
!st one i tried resolved the issue of the blank page, the hack is
Forum Archive List Footer (http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=134102&highlight=Forum+Archive+List+Footer) I am not too bothered with a fix as i am gonna remove it now (the acrhive hack that is)
I also removed the /usr/ from the path...

I can now enter Photoplog but i get this at the top of the page

It looks like the /usr/ is still in the path but its definitely not 100% its not

I suppose if i turn off the error reporting then the error will hide and we would be none the wiser as
Photoplog appears to be working ok now :)
Regards

Bashy
www.bashys-place.com
www.bashys-hosting.com

Morgan
05-06-2007, 05:18 PM
In the Forum Archive List Forum Footer plugin located at the global_complete hook find:
And replace with the following:
For the remaining warning, did you remove /usr from the PhotoPlog config file?

Bashy
05-06-2007, 05:22 PM
Ah ya caught me mid editing my post lol, Yes i just put that in the post above, the /usr/ has deffo gone from the path

is whats in there now, I have removed the error reporting line now as well

Bashy
05-06-2007, 05:25 PM
The edit for the forum footer archive worked well thank you very much.

Morgan
05-06-2007, 05:25 PM
Do you have the following for line 458 of the PhotoPlog functions.php file, and if so, do you have any modification that affects the navbar or the vB fetch_template function? When you see "eval()'d code on line 204" as part of an error message, that usually indicates that there is a problem with a plugin, line 204 of the plugin in this case, but as there is no hook on line 458 of the PhotoPlog functions.php file, the error might be coming from some modification that affects the navbar or the vB fetch_template function where in_array is used as part of the modification.

Bashy
05-06-2007, 05:52 PM
Yep, i have exactly the same Morgan, i did a search for your line to make sure it was character for character

Morgan
05-06-2007, 06:01 PM
Turn error reporting back on and temporarily replace this:
With the following:
Then see if you still get the in_array warning.

If you no longer get the in_array warning, look at your navbar template. Do you use in_array in any navbar template conditional? If so, what is the conditional?

Bashy
05-06-2007, 06:09 PM
Yep, the error has disappeared

I checked the navbar template for any in_array

and the only 1 i found was this

Does this help any?

Morgan
05-06-2007, 06:13 PM
Yep, the $links_groups variable is from the Advanced Quick Links modification. Add links_groups to the PhotoPlog Global Variables setting via the ACP and see if the warning message goes away.

Bashy
05-06-2007, 06:36 PM
Ok, i think i done that, is this the right place cause the error is still there (see image please)

Morgan
05-06-2007, 06:42 PM
Yes, that is the correct location. Try temporarily removing the entire in_array template conditional from the navbar template. Does the in_array warning goes away?

Bashy
05-06-2007, 06:51 PM
Just commented out the array and it still gives the error...Not looking good is it lol
Perhaps just turn off the error reporting and leave it at that?
Photoplog appears to be working fine and to be honest i aint got a clue how
long this error has been there as i did not know about the error reporting line
therefore i aint never seen the error before!

What do you think?

Morgan
05-06-2007, 07:02 PM
The problem is with the Advanced Quick Links modification. It doesn't set $links_groups to be an array unless you are viewing the adv_quick_links.php file. As such you get a "wrong datatype for second argument" error because $links_groups is a string instead of an array. Keep links_groups in the PhotoPlog Global Variables setting, and add this to a plugin located at the global_start hook:
Otherwise, remove (not comment out, actually remove) the following from the navbar template:
When you gets errors like this, it is my opinion that you should fix them instead of hide them by turning off error reporting. You never know what new errors you are going to get in the future, especially with the amount of modifications you install. If you just go and hide errors, you might wind up with a pile of foo and that could turn into a debugging nightmare when you really need to fix something.

Bashy
05-06-2007, 07:06 PM
Yeah i know what ya saying, and if anything im prob about the worst for installing hacks :o lol

When you say this, do you mean create a new plugin?

Morgan
05-06-2007, 07:10 PM
Yep, create a new plugin. Use 'Advanced Quick Links' as the product.

Bashy
05-06-2007, 07:17 PM
Wahooo, thats it, the error is no more!!

Thanks alot for your patience and time, tis much appreciated :)

Bashy
05-06-2007, 07:19 PM
Actually not sure whats happened here but in my navbar i now have a link called this Advanced Quick Links was this meant to be there all the time? lol

Morgan
05-06-2007, 07:29 PM
Yes, that link was meant to be there all the time, unless you go to the options for the Advanced Quick Links modification and block usergroups from seeing/accessing it. You've had the in_array error ever since you installed the Advanced Quick Links modification. :eek: Just because it showed in PhotoPlog doesn't mean it is PhotoPlog. ;)

Bashy
05-06-2007, 07:33 PM
pmsl, sounds about right m8....Note to self be aware or installations and errors lol

Thanks again for all ya help Morgan, tis much appreciated :)

Morgan
05-06-2007, 07:43 PM
No problem, and I hope this thread helps you with debugging errors in the future, should you run into any more. Besides, I really don't want to spend time debugging other people's code. :eek: I'm hoping you understand. :)

Bashy
05-06-2007, 07:45 PM
oh yeah for sure m8, I have bookmarked this for future reference, I am actually gonna save it as well, this will be a great reference point :)