PDA

View Full Version : Install help

rickyreter
05-06-2007, 10:59 PM
Hi,my forum is /forum.php and cmps as index.php..so a bit confused as what goes where as its all under the one domain.
I had installed it but when click on upload or search it points to www.example.com etc

Any ideas please

Peter

Morgan
05-06-2007, 11:12 PM
It doesn't matter that your forum homepage is located at forum.php instead of an index.php file. Just follow the install instructions, and then go to the ACP PhotoPlog Settings and set them according to your site. There in the settings you will see 'example' so just set it to your information.

rickyreter
05-06-2007, 11:27 PM
Brill working...how did i miss that;)

Divetheworld
05-20-2007, 08:51 AM
Content visible to registered users only.

I've just done that and all I get is a blank white screen.

Steve
:confused:

Morgan
05-20-2007, 03:54 PM
Looks like the server path you set in the PhotoPlog config file is incorrect. Copy the following into a file named whatismypath.php and FTP it into your main forum directory, then call it from your browser, and it should tell you the server path:

Divetheworld
05-20-2007, 05:58 PM

Thanks for that. Just done that and it's now loading. It goes into a login screen which is not really what I was looking for. I'm assuming that I have to put in some rights in a user group. I've been into the user group "Registered Users" and there is the photoplog options there. Any recommendations?

Steve

Morgan
05-20-2007, 11:00 PM
Yes, set the PhotoPlog permissions for each usergroup via the Usergroup Manager -> Edit Usergroup and check that the ACP PhotoPlog settings are correct.

Divetheworld
05-20-2007, 11:06 PM

Done it. Works like a dream and have now uploaded some piccies into it. Drop by on www.divetheworld.com/photoplog and see it running. I like the look of it and I wonder if I will be upgrading to the Pro version after a short while. Thanks very much for your help.

Very best regards

Steve

Divetheworld
05-21-2007, 12:29 AM

I've been playing now and it's working very nicely. Just one question. In the personal members galleries is it possible to have sub-categories in there? It would be nice for a member to have their gallery and then have a category of each shipwreck they had visited. Is this a facility available in the Pro version?

Steve

Morgan
05-21-2007, 03:29 PM
PhotoPlog Pro allows users to upload files into categories that are created by the forum admin, just like PhotoPlog Lite, but no, there is currently no option in PhotoPlog Pro for user-created categories.