PDA

View Full Version : New to PhotoPlog

Customprofile
05-08-2007, 05:04 PM
I have been reading through the forums here and I can not seem ot figure out how to get my PhotoPlog album thing to display on the home page. I do not know html or anyhting and alot of the threads I am reading gives the code to paste into a file but that is were I am lost.
Here is my page. How can I add a link to the photoplog homepage?

www.theorder.vg

I just now installed the vbulletin and stuff, i am new to all of this

customprofile

Morgan
05-08-2007, 05:19 PM
To get a navbar link to the gallery, in the vB navbar template find:
Content visible to registered users only.
And afterward add the following:

Customprofile
05-08-2007, 05:26 PM
Thank you but I do not think I am using a Nav Bar...? I am using a skin/template that doesnt use that I believe. I have a Site Navigation block that I can add links into maybe?
Also when I go to this link: http://www.theorder.vg/photoplog
it tells me I have to register even when i am registered... is it because of the sk,in i am using?

Customprofile
05-08-2007, 05:32 PM
I am sorry if I am being difficult, i have been reading for hours now and reading LOTS of posts. Just I am not understanidng all this as good as I would like too. But I am trying. Thank you for being patient and understanding, i hope...

Customprofile

Morgan
05-08-2007, 09:07 PM
Edit whatever template contains the following:
You'll need to add a link like this to that HTML block:
Plus, you will need to add the corresponding CSS to get the image mouseover effect. Check with vBSkinworks as to how to add a link to the header/navbar as they probably have instructions on how to do it.

As to accessing the PhotoPlog page, go to the vB ACP -> Usergroup Manager -> Edit Usergroup and set the PhotoPlog permissions for each usergroup.

Customprofile
05-08-2007, 09:24 PM
Thank you. I wish there was something else I could do for you. Everything is going well now, also I am in communication witht he makers of the skin as to add a link I am wanting...thank you agaIN

Customprofile