PDA

View Full Version : 2.1.4

Crono
05-12-2007, 06:48 PM
Hello Morgan,

I know you are very busy but I've been looking at this mod and installed the lite version and really like it. If I read correctly, 2.1.4 will have private galleries for members to have their work specifically in. Seeing how I really need this feature to basically complete the graphics portion of my site I decided that I will buy the pro version when the next version is released. My only question is what is the progress on 2.1.4 and is there any set release date? Thanks.

Morgan
05-13-2007, 04:17 PM
The features that will be in the pro v.2.1.4 release are listed here (http://www.photoplog.com/forum/showthread.php?t=702). Those items that are marked 'done' are completed, but no release date is set.

ICY ICE
05-26-2007, 07:03 AM
Can you approximate? ..... 6, 12, 18, 24 months. :D

I've been waiting for 6 months.....I'm sure others have been longer :)

Thanks Morgan

Morgan
05-26-2007, 03:32 PM
Less than six months. :D Seriously though, just watch this (http://www.photoplog.com/forum/showpost.php?p=8957&postcount=1) list. I've been picking things off that list, and when they all are marked done, a release will then be shortly forthcoming.

ICY ICE
05-26-2007, 05:57 PM
Thanks M

Appreciate the hard work!

Moman
05-27-2007, 01:30 AM
Wow, that exif reader that you've put in the online beta would be quite useful for my site! Can't wait for the release!

Well, maybe I can- I've made so many modifications, especially to the templates, that I'll have to be careful during the upgrade.

If it's not too much of a hassle, do you think it would be possible to only add the EXIF reader to my current installation without modifying any templates except for the image display? If so, could you point me to the PHP files that need to be overwritten? I'll obviously be taking care of the .xml myself.

You should make this particular beta public, BTW ;)

Morgan
05-27-2007, 05:21 PM
While I understand that editing templates isn't necessarily fun, I won't be providing itemized code and template changes for each of the new features, as the upgrade wil come as a whole package. Besides, there are more code and template changes than just those for the EXIF option, so simply FTPing the files with EXIF related code will get you other code changes for features that might not work correctly unless you do a full upgrade.

Moman
05-27-2007, 09:43 PM
I see.

Over the last week, I think I've spent over 12 hours modifying my templates to simply make the gallery more user friendly. I know that one of the key issues is the amount of scrolling required, so I'll be posting my suggestions in the suggestions forum later today.

I guess I'm only my own with the EXIF code :) I've modified pretty much every photoplog template, so overwriting them is not an option!