PDA

View Full Version : Categories not working

Merrillizer
06-08-2007, 08:19 AM
HI. I was wondering why I cant get categories to work? They show up fine, but when I click on the links, it takes me to the same page no matter what category I click, even if I click a subcategory, it just takes me to the same page with a File List that includes all pics from every category. NOt good!

Must be a problem with the way they are set up in the ACP? I cant figure it out.

Morgan
06-08-2007, 03:43 PM
Check whether you have any changed PhotoPlog templates, and if so, revert them.

Merrillizer
06-08-2007, 05:57 PM
I checked Default Style and it still doesnt work. Here's some screenshots...

Index of photoplog...

Content visible to registered users only.

So I clicked the Category "Striped Bass", and it just takes me to this...

It's like the Categories photos arent showing, just the File List at the bottom is.

I dont get it.

Morgan
06-09-2007, 12:40 AM
Try going to the Category Manager, and for each category, click the Edit link and then the Save button. Also check that the Display Order for the categories is not zero, and if you have any changed PhotoPlog templates, then revert them. The demo (http://www.photoplog.com/demo/lite/index.php) does not have two letter bars, unless I missed something, so it seems that there was an edit.

Merrillizer
06-14-2007, 04:32 AM
I will try to reinstall. Thanks for your help, I tried the above and couldnt get any changes. It's the weirdest thing! lol

I will update with any progress, etc.

Merrillizer
06-14-2007, 05:40 AM
OK so I reinstalled, and the 2 letter bars showed up again. I managed to remove the top one by removing the following code from the top of the photoplog_file_list...
So now I only have 1 letter bar where it belongs, under Member Uploads, but the categories still dont work. If I click a subcategory, it just takes me to the same page with the same pics. There are no seperate categories. Very weird.

Morgan
06-14-2007, 05:43 AM
Does it happen on the online demo (http://www.photoplog.com/demo/lite/index.php)? Do you have any htaccess file that could be affecting the links, i.e., redirection of some sort? If you're not sure, temporarily disable any htaccess file, and try again. Also, do you have any plugin that uses c before PhotoPlog uses that letter in a query string? If so, you might be running into a conflict between modifications. If you're not familiar with the various code, try temporarily disabling certain modifications and see whether that has any effect on what category files you see.

Merrillizer
06-14-2007, 08:16 PM
Online demo works fine for me. Seems like I cant even get seperate Categories on mine, nevermind sub-cats. I created 2 different cats, clicking each link shows me all pics, they are not seperated into the proper category. Very frustrating.

I will disable some products and see what happens.

Merrillizer
06-14-2007, 08:27 PM
I have no .htaccess.

But I just found out the problem.........I had installed vbDrupal to fool around with a few weeks ago, and didnt really do anything with it. So I in the Products list and disabling my Products one at a time. Well I disabled the drupal and low and behold my cats work now. Phew.....

So it looks like there is a prob somewhere with drupal and photoplog lite.

Morgan
06-14-2007, 08:39 PM
Glad you found the issue. I don't use vbDrupal so can't say for certain, but PhotoPlog uses c and vbDrupal may use c and once c is set, it probably isn't reset, so PhotoPlog doesn't understand whatever vbDrupal has as a value.