PDA

View Full Version : PhotoPlog Pro v.2.1.4* Discussion

Morgan
06-14-2007, 03:32 AM
PhotoPlog Pro v.2.1.4* Discussion

For support, create a new thread. :)

Sychev_S
06-14-2007, 03:59 AM
Haven't installed it yet, but member's categories look amazing on the demo site! Can't wait to get home and play around with it. Amazing job, Morgan!

Neal
06-14-2007, 06:41 AM
looks good, but how do I get the ajax pop-up when viewing an image?

basketmen
06-14-2007, 07:02 AM
hmm i think there are some major change that will improve photoplog if it can be done:

- make photos private option, so it make photoplog to be image hosting, not just gallery

- choose category in same page with browse file, so its more instant, one click to upload

- or browse file to upload in photoplog frontpage, its more instant no need to click upload.php to upload

this is just suggestion, i know its maybe hard to do, but i think above hacks can make photoplog beat ph*t*p*st selling

Neal
06-14-2007, 07:02 AM
Ignore my last, I didn't realise I had to install Lightbox which I have done now ;-)

Moman
06-14-2007, 09:25 AM
Is the EXIF info displayed only for images uploaded in 2.1.4, or is it shown for all photos regardless of upload date? If it's the latter, I'll have to upgrade to 2.1.4 ;)

stashman
06-14-2007, 09:44 AM
Content visible to registered users only.

I changed about half of the templates.
Will an update of photoplog work like in vbulletin? Will there be versions of the templates?
Or will the templates be overwritten when I update the script?

Morgan
06-14-2007, 02:43 PM
Thanks for the thanks. There is a new maintenance option in pro v.2.1.4 to update EXIF information for all JPG images. As for the templates, if you changed any PhotoPlog templates, they won't be overwritten, but if you don't revert the changed PhotoPlog templates, you'll probably find that certain things won't work or won't work correctly.

James
06-14-2007, 03:18 PM
O.o I think I see things there that weren't on the original list... Public albums? Seperate Get New/Daily Info? SWEET! I can see I'm gonna be logging some serious time on my testserver planning out the migration today! Thanks Morgan, sounds awesome... Already started resynching the test server's copy of images etc.

James and Susan

marcos
06-14-2007, 04:12 PM

Hey Morgan,

I am in the same boat--did a lot of changes to the templates. So is this how it is going to be with each upgrade?

Also, I am thinking the best way to do this is to view the template, then history, and compare the older with the changed version, print it out, then make the same changes to the new teplates on 2.1.4 that replace the previous version?

I am just wondering what would be the best way to preserve the changes we all make to the templates with each upgrade?

Thanks,

Marcos

Morgan
06-14-2007, 04:41 PM
I'm truly sorry that it isn't fun to revert templates and then reapply edits, but if people want new gallery features, I need to edit the PhotoPlog templates. It's the same story when vB comes out with a bigger upgrade; I get hit with it too, as I have modified a number of vB templates. What I do is copy my modified vB templates to text files, revert the changed vB templates, do the vB upgrade, and then go back through the vB templates and reapply my changes.

ragtek
06-14-2007, 06:12 PM
or use tms (http://www.vbhacks-germany.org/forumdisplay.php?f=132) ;)
at time it is just german but i'm sure it will be available in english too*g*

thx for the hooks :)
now i have to look what i have modified lol (pm notification, upload,......) phu that will take a time:D

but i still don't understand why you load every template on every site(including settings.php)

James
06-15-2007, 02:13 AM
Hey, now that we have the tick boxes for inline moderation (which a super useful improvement btw!) what are the chances of being able to use the same functionality to add pictures to an Album? It would go a long way towards easing the pain in collecting pictures to be able to flag them as you run searches, browse etc, and then drop them all in an album at once. Maybe have the ability to open up an album and use the same kind of mass move system to flag entries in an album and them move them to another album? People often want to reshuffle/re-sort their collections of pictures.

Really liking 2.1.4 btw! ::thumbs up::

James and Susan

Morgan
06-15-2007, 10:18 AM
Template usage has now been modified; requests will be considered for pro v.2.1.5. Thanks again for the thanks. :)

~kev~
06-18-2007, 02:21 PM
With the new version, can members have their own gallery, or do they still have to upload to set categories?

Morgan
06-18-2007, 02:27 PM
You can set a category to be a members' folder so it will then act like this: http://www.photoplog.com/demo/pro/index.php?c=8

MikeD
06-18-2007, 02:42 PM
Content visible to registered users only.Exactly! I'm absolute sure when everyone know what TMS is and esp what it can do for all vB Coders and customes, then the time will come that everyone will never miss this excellent hack. Never again Template Updates what is the most dreaded pain for all vB customers. It's one of the best hacks what has been published of Andreas. Surely its handling is for the first time not quite easy to understand (I needed 2 months to understand it :o) but today I cannot live without it. At the moment it's still Beta 4, but it runs strong. Have patience: The time will come ;)

ragtek
06-18-2007, 02:53 PM
hmm
the new version is 50% super 50% "not so optimal" in my opinion

the memberlist needs 5-15 sec to open ( if the plugin is active)
in other places the same...

the hooks are placed very good, now i have 15 plugins and everything is working fine, without a filechange like in the old version

all in all a very good step forward

MikeD
06-18-2007, 03:14 PM
Content visible to registered users only.And what should be the other 50%? Try coding itself and we will see what you can do [Alter Meckerer :D (j/k)]

ragtek
06-18-2007, 05:36 PM
Werd ich sowieso machen:P

und lass mich meckern, ich erwarte mir immer mehr
zB was ich mir erwartet hätte: mehr AJAX:D
zB wahl => durch ajax kein neuladen
direkt editieren(wobei es super ist das editiern nun möglich ist)
die von mir gewünschte thumbklasse:D (wobei das durch die thumbnails.php eh fast gegeben ist, bin grad am datei verändern damit ich genau das kriege)

morgan, wount you make a german undercategory?:D its easier lol

MikeD
06-18-2007, 06:18 PM
Content visible to registered users only.War ja auch nur ein Witz, Daniel Content visible to registered users only.

Content visible to registered users only.YES!!! Would be great. Gee: an own forum for Germans only. Would be wonderful if you can do that Content visible to registered users only.

Morgan for President 2008 You got my vote Content visible to registered users only.

ragtek
06-18-2007, 06:21 PM
lol
for 3 people it will be waste:D

MikeD
06-18-2007, 06:29 PM
Content visible to registered users only.3 members? Hmm what do we have: ragtek/Legende/Bernhard/HaraldT and MikeD. Makes 5 + Morgan = 6

There was another member (vBHacks), but I can't remember of his name. He's from Munich I believe. So don't forget that we get more of them from Germany. I'll do my best to get more customers from Germany Content visible to registered users only.

Edited: Member 'derrene' => Makes now 7

MikeD
06-18-2007, 10:15 PM
Plus 'Cornsnake30' => Makes now 8

Damn: Why can't we re-edit our posts? I don't like it to make a new post like this.

Cornsnake30
06-18-2007, 11:33 PM
So langsam würde es sich lohnen finde ich.

Mal ganz lieb nach Morgan schauen und bitte bitte machen.

Morgan
06-19-2007, 01:07 AM
Sprechen Sie Deutsch (http://www.photoplog.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)? Please return to English in this thread. Thanks. :)

MikeD
06-19-2007, 08:14 AM
Content visible to registered users only.Correctly spelled and written!!! Wooow. Thank you so much, Morgan. Now we have finally our German Forum. Do we have Christmas? Yep I think so :) I'm postive that we have now more ways to get more German Photoplog customers. I'll do my best to get them!

One thing: Could you please check the permission? I get the message: MikeD, you do not have permission to access this page! Thank you in advance.

Content visible to registered users only.Sure. No problem at all. In any case English is much better than German. Short words but more effective than our complex language :D

Once again: Thank you, Morgan Content visible to registered users only.

Morgan
06-24-2007, 09:05 PM
This post marks the start of the PhotoPlog Pro v.2.1.4.5 discussion.

marcos
06-25-2007, 09:57 PM
I just bought photoplog recently, so I am not sure how often you release new versions, but is it usually between such a short period of time? Each release I have to spend all day changing all the templates (and I know I am not alone) so releasing a new version two weeks after you just released one makes it a pain for many of your customers. Wouldn't it just be better to give us all all the updates into one version instead of splitting it into two so we don't have to keep updating every other week? I am not even going to update to this one because I just finished updating last week!

I don't mean for this to sound so negative because I actually love photoplog and think it is the best photo product for VB and I also understand that you want to get the best version of photoplog out there, but making us update regularly also has its disadvantages.

I'd love to hear what others think.

Thanks,

Marcos

Morgan
06-25-2007, 11:12 PM
There are two templates that changed between pro v.2.1.4 and pro v.2.1.4.5. Check the release thread (http://www.photoplog.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1343) for details. Those changes should hardly take all day. Also, you don't have to upgrade each time I make a release. If I'm at pro v.2.1.8 for exmple, you could still upgrade from pro v.2.1.4. The reason for this release was because there were a couple of threads about slow queries that were posted after the last release. That issue should now be solved, and my philosophy is that, if there is a problem with something, I'll go ahead, fix it and release it, though it is up to you if you want to upgrade. If you are interested in my release rate, check the Announcements (http://www.photoplog.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2) forum.

marcos
06-26-2007, 05:45 PM
Sounds good. Thanks for the thorough reply Morgan.

James
06-26-2007, 09:59 PM
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I've finished upgrading our testbed and my first cut of tweaking/arranging the changed version on our testbed. The change that brings up thumbs in the vB search results that matched the search terms is *totally* awesome. That's going to make a HUGE difference in the perceived integration of our galleries with our forum. I've got a few tweaking question to ask, but I'll do that in a more appropriate thread. Big, BIG thumbs up from us!

James and Susan

marcos
06-26-2007, 10:43 PM
Hey Morgan,

Please correct me if I am wrong. I do see that only two templates have changed, but you also say that nearly every PhotoPlog PHP file has been changed as well. In the Read Me for upgrading, it says to "Revert any changed PhotoPlog templates" meaning that I would have to revert all my templates, then go and redo all the changes that I made in the previous version after uploading all the templates. That is what I am referring to as taking a long time. Are you saying that we do not have to do this when upgrading?

Thanks,

Marcos

Morgan
06-27-2007, 12:26 AM
Yes, the readme file does say that, as I don't track from which version any person is running an upgrade, so it says to revert all changed PhotoPlog templates in order to ensure that people receive the latest templates. However, I'll make a release thread with more specific information about the release, so check the release threads for details on what has changed since the most recent previous version.

marcos
06-27-2007, 02:30 PM
Sweet. Thanks for being so responsive to our questions!

vimto
06-30-2007, 08:33 AM
Thanks for another update, but the mySQL version on the server that I'm hosted on is only 4.0.25 so I guess I've come up against a brick wall when wanting to upgrade now?

The chances of my provider upgrading their servers are very slim. So I guess I have to stick with the version before this one and never upgrade again.

Is there any way you can make your code compatible with the previous version?

Morgan
06-30-2007, 10:59 AM
Please check http://www.photoplog.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1353 about MySQL and upgrading.

oldfan
07-02-2007, 09:08 PM
where can i grab the upgrade files?

Morgan
07-03-2007, 02:53 PM
From this page: http://www.photoplog.com/download/index.php

Morgan
07-20-2007, 10:49 PM
This post marks the start of the PhotoPlog Pro v.2.1.4.6 discussion.

aggiefan
07-21-2007, 04:10 AM
one little enhancement id like to see made (after playing with it for a bit) is to add a new option to the forward/back/close/move bar thing to be able to view the original image w/o having to go to the page dedicated to that image. basically had a maximize icon.

Morgan
07-21-2007, 04:22 AM
FYI, you can set what image you want to appear in the Highslide pop-up window using the ACP Highslide Settings, i.e., small thumb links to original file.

RvG
07-21-2007, 05:42 AM
What is a highslide? :)

aggiefan
07-21-2007, 05:49 AM

i know.... still think if it can happen it would be better. because then we keep the small size of the thumbnail for quick viewing but have an option to quickly get the full size one if you want it vs the way you do it now is click on the link to go to the page with that picture and then get the full version (just takes a step and 2 clicks out of the equation)

vimto
07-21-2007, 08:46 AM
many thanks for removing the MySql limitations, you've made me a happy person.

I followed your upgrade installation guide this morning and everything seems to be working just fine.

The only feature I would like to have is on the part where you can upload more than one picture at a time and that is to have a seperate comment/name for each picture in the set that you are uploading. At the moment it just names them all the same with the same comment on each picture.

Otherwise the gallery suits my website just fine.

Thanks

ragtek
07-21-2007, 09:46 AM
on upgrade:Content visible to registered users only.

ok
works

RvG
07-21-2007, 11:17 AM
Thank you. Upgrade went so smooth.

Doing some test for pictures posted inside forums and see if there will be any conflicts with vbulletin.

I love this highslide feature! :)

sportsmedjosh
07-24-2007, 06:56 AM
Whats the difference with this version and the other version. I just installed the new one and don't see a single difference.

ragtek
07-24-2007, 07:09 AM
1. the mysql "requirement"
2. highslide includet completly(now you can turn it in the acp on/off)

sportsmedjosh
07-24-2007, 08:07 AM
awesome now i'm just trying to get my watermark to show up correctly.

ibodybuild
07-30-2007, 09:54 PM
I think the upgrade for me went smoothly you can see at the bottom of the gallery the new version and it looks like it's going good except for the highslide problem I have.

Morgan
09-11-2007, 08:23 PM
This post marks the start of the PhotoPlog Pro v.2.1.4.7 discussion.

mnm
09-11-2007, 08:24 PM
i downloaded the new photoplog, Pro v.2.1.4.7 uploading all php files that where in the root overwriting the files i have in my server, i did not upload any of the folders or files in any of the the photoplog folderd, then i updated the photoplog product XML overwriting the old one. If the steps i took are right then this has to be the easiest update i have done in a while.

eJM
09-12-2007, 12:47 AM
Yes, it was a very smooth process. Is it possible the highslide script was sped up a tad? I think the images pop up quicker and even slightly jerkier. I like a tiny bit slower and smoother transition.

Thanks for the update, Morgan. Still the best vBulletin gallery on the planet.

Jim

Morgan
09-12-2007, 01:22 AM
Thanks for the thanks. Glad the update was easy. :)

Highslide was not sped up or reduced in speed. Try checking the Highslide forum (http://vikjavev.no/highslide/forum/) for the following:

Morgan
05-09-2008, 09:04 PM
This post marks the start of the PhotoPlog Pro v.2.1.4.8 discussion.

jw00dy
05-09-2008, 11:06 PM
Thanks Updated.

ibodybuild
05-09-2008, 11:50 PM
So will this work with vbulletin 3.7??

jw00dy
05-10-2008, 12:31 AM
It is on my forums.

biggs
05-10-2008, 04:28 PM
Working great on mine! Thanks for the update!