PDA

View Full Version : Categories in Thumbs and Age Permissions

Digital Jedi
07-31-2007, 02:30 PM
I have categories in my gallery that are rated like the ESRB rating system. E for Everyone, T for Teen, M for Mature. Couple of questions.

Can I lock a section based on a user's age,/birthday?

But mainly, how would I go about keeping images from the Mature section from showing up in random thumbs. Note that I also use the vBadvanced, and have thumbs on that page.

EDIT: Come to think of it, how do I remove the file list below the categories?

Morgan
07-31-2007, 03:50 PM
PhotoPlog Lite does not have the ability to prevent access to certain categories while allowing access to other categories. PhotoPlog Pro will let you assign category based permissions (http://www.photoplog.com/screens/index.php?do=5), so if your usergroups are determined by age, you could prevent access to certain categories based on usergroup. Otherwise you'd need to edit the code to prevent access to certain categories. For thumbnails, see this (http://www.photoplog.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7) thread, and for the file list, see this (http://www.photoplog.com/forum/showthread.php?t=691) thread.

Digital Jedi
07-31-2007, 04:02 PM
Alrighty, thanks. No biggie on the age thing. But if I can at least control what thumbs appear, that should be sufficient. I'll check those threads out. Thanks again.

Digital Jedi
07-31-2007, 04:30 PM
One small problem. In the PhotoPlog Forum Home Thumbs plugin, there is no
Content visible to registered users only.

I see a WHERE moderate = 0, but adding the AND catid IN code there doesn't seem to affect anything. Have I left something out?

Morgan
07-31-2007, 04:37 PM
What do you see in the PhotoPlog Forum Home Thumbs plugin?

Digital Jedi
07-31-2007, 05:03 PM
There is no "AND moderate", but rather a "WHERE moderate".

I tried changing it to AND to no avail.

Morgan
07-31-2007, 05:06 PM
Edit it like so to include categories 1, 2, and 3:
Edit it like so to exclude categories 1, 2, and 3:

Digital Jedi
07-31-2007, 05:34 PM
Hrm, Doesn't seem to be working for me. Perhaps I just have my category IDs incorrect. I'll keep working at. Thanks again.

Digital Jedi
08-01-2007, 05:53 PM
Well, I worked on this quite a bit last night, and it still has no affect on the thumbs. Is it possible for another modification to be preventing it? Or is there an alternate option I can try? Thanks again, and sorry for being pesky. ;)

Morgan
08-01-2007, 06:22 PM
The PhotoPlog Forum Home Thumbs plugin is for random thumbs appearing on the forum index page. For random thumbs in the gallery itself, you'd need to edit the PhotoPlog Lite settings.php file:

Digital Jedi
08-01-2007, 07:53 PM
Ah, thanks a bunch. That worked perfectly. I was even able to add the same line to the vBadvance php file that controlled my vertical thumbs. I'm glad I inquired further. Thank you again.

sacredfire
10-13-2008, 06:51 PM
I tried as in Post #10 and that category still shows up in the random threads.

Please advise.

Nick

Morgan
10-15-2008, 11:07 AM
The AND catid IN (1,2,3) bit goes after the WHERE line in the query located in the PhotoPlog Forum Home Thumbs plugin, where 1,2,3 are the category IDs of files that you want to show.