PDA

View Full Version : Runtime error in IE6

lightnb
03-19-2006, 07:29 PM
The Page works fine in Firefox, but gives a runtime 'annoyance' error in Internet Explorer 6 everytime a photoplog page loads.

"A runtime error has occured. Do you wish to debug? Line:723 Error: Object Expected"

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Nick

lightnb
03-19-2006, 07:47 PM
The Page Is Here. (http://www.rahlentertainment.com/livexchange/forums/photoplog/)

Morgan
03-21-2006, 04:19 PM
Don't see anything except...
Content visible to registered users only.

lightnb
03-23-2006, 04:39 AM
I'm logged in and refreshed the page, but still only see "Content visible to registered users only." in your post above.

Morgan
03-23-2006, 03:54 PM
Oops, you should see it now.

lightnb
03-24-2006, 03:43 AM

It seems to only show the PhotoPlog pages when you log in to vB. Is there a way to enable access for all users?

Morgan
03-24-2006, 03:46 AM
Actually, I see a blank page in IE and FF, and when I look at the HTML source, all I see is...
:confused:

lightnb
03-24-2006, 06:13 PM
It shows a blank page when no user is logged in.

If I log in from a vB page, then visit the photoplog link, it displays the content.

Somewhere in the PHP code there must be a permissions issue? (I'm guessing?)

I would like for it to display those pages for guests as well. How can I make it do that?

lightnb
03-29-2006, 02:10 AM
The permissions are set to allow guest users to view the files in the Admin CP, but unregistered users still get a blank page when visiting the Photoplog page.

Morgan
03-29-2006, 02:58 PM
If PhotoPlog is set to not allow guests, for example, it uses the vB STANDARD_ERROR template to show a message onscreen. Nothing is set to feed only a title tag, regardless of whether guests are allowed, so I'm not sure what is happening though the following might be worth a check.

lightnb
03-30-2006, 04:04 AM

Can't see the code again...

lightnb
03-30-2006, 04:09 AM
The page:

http://www.rahlentertainment.com/livexchange/LiveXchange.php

is my portal homepage. it has the same problem. It apears as a blank page when no one is logged in, and works fine when you are logged in.

I was hoping that whatever was causing the PhotoPlog page to not display would also fix that one.

The other page was my old index before switching to the portal index page. the error is caused because i changed the included mast head from "header.html" to "header.php". I'll fix that one now.

Morgan
03-30-2006, 01:49 PM
The rahlentertainment.com/livexchange/LiveXchange.php page, of course, isn't related to PhotoPlog, so I don't have any idea why it'd be blank. As for PhotoPlog itself, I don't yet see a reason why it's feeding a blank page. If someone is allowed access, PhotoPlog shows the thumbs and such. If someone isn't allowed access, PhotoPlog should show a standard error page. Is there something set in your portal script, or in another vB product, that shows content to logged-in users only?