PDA

View Full Version : Safe Mode ON

bloggy
08-14-2007, 03:23 PM
Hi there,

I wonder if there is any hack or update to have the script running in Safe Mode ON ??

I never use scripts that are not safe and which do not run in safe mode.

Thanks for your help!

Morgan
08-14-2007, 03:48 PM
PhotoPlog needs to have safe mode off in order to process files. No workaround is available. Sorry. :(

bloggy
08-14-2007, 04:24 PM
Thx for your fast reply. Hm.. there must be a workaround. Since I have full rights on my dedicated server I can do anything needed to get this running with safe mode on.

The problem is with the UID - see below:

Warnung: move_uploaded_file(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 546 is not allowed to access /var/www/web23/html/photoplog/images/1 owned by uid 33 in /photoplog/upload.php (Zeile 173)

Now there must be an solution to have the script having the same UID as the server ?! Would this work? And would this be safe?

Morgan
08-14-2007, 04:27 PM
Untested but try http://www.photoplog.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13

bloggy
08-14-2007, 04:40 PM
hm... very complicated. not sure if it works. is safe_mode OFF only needed for uploading pictures? will I be able to set safe_mode ON again after I've uploaded the images and will the users still be able to dsiplay / see the pictures without getting safe_mode errors? if that's the case I will turn safe_mode OFF for now and turn it on again when I've uploaded all the images I want.

Another question:
can I mass upload pictures somehow? directly via ftp or something?

Morgan
08-14-2007, 05:05 PM
Haven't tested the switching of safe mode on/off so cannot say either way. As for multiple uploads, or FTP import, that is only available in the pro version. The lite version allows for one upload at a time.

bloggy
08-14-2007, 05:22 PM
:( Does not work. It does not display the pictures with safe mode OFF.
Too bad.

Is the current pro version SEOed?

Morgan
08-14-2007, 05:32 PM
No, but there might be something on the vBSEO or nuHIT website to SEO PhotoPlog links, though I'm not sure, so you'd need to take a look.