PDA

View Full Version : Two More Issues

geechee_girl
09-14-2007, 11:52 AM
I fixed the CHDIR () problem (thanks!). NOW I am having two more new issues...

The installation seems to be allowing regular users to upload photos, kind of, but not me, the admin. Yes, I checked the settings - they are all ok as far as permissions.

Once the photos are uploaded, they don't show as thumbnails or as full size images. They show as the word "Image" on the front page or anywhere the thumbnails would be, and as "Click Here For Image" on the full size page.

Which brings us to the next problem. When uploading or trying to view images, it keeps asking for user name and password. On every screen! It won't "remember" them!

Argh. Frustrated. This is the only mod I've done in vbulletin that has gone so hard.

Morgan
09-14-2007, 09:28 PM
Check permissions as discussed in this (http://www.photoplog.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1690) thread. Also check the vB Cookies and HTTP Header Options:

Path to Save Cookies : /
Cookie Domain: .domain.com
Log out, clear browser cookies, log back in

Or check whether the www is both present, or both absent, on the vB Site Name / URL / Contact Details -> Forum URL and the PhotoPlog Settings -> PhotoPlog Link options.

geechee_girl
09-15-2007, 02:40 AM
..... um. what?

geechee_girl
09-15-2007, 02:16 PM
The permissions are fine, according the link to the other thread, all were/are set to 777 (folders/subfolders) and 644 (image files in all folders/subfolders)

As for the rest of it all, I think I get what you want me to do, just not where... Do you mind a little extra direction?

geechee_girl
09-18-2007, 04:05 AM
Nevermind - a friend told me where to go to fix those - all better now! thank you!