PDA

View Full Version : I am an idiot, need help with lite instructions...

kellyandmike
04-27-2006, 11:35 PM
================================================== ==========================================
PhotoPlog Lite NEW Installation
================================================== ==========================================

1) In the ZIP archive find the /photoplog directory, open the PhotoPlog
config.php file in a TEXT ONLY editor, and set the full path to your main forum directory (check with your host if you are not sure of the full path)

If my site is couponchix.com and my forum database is feedback is the correct line:
define('PHOTOPLOG_FWD','/home/couponchix/public_html/feedback');

3) Set 777 permissions on the photoplog 'images' directory on your server, as necessary (use chmod or FTP to set 777 permissions on the photoplog 'images' directory if needed) Forgive me, but I don't know what this means. Can you explain how I do this? I have ftp.

I have imported the product, uploaded the files, etc... And it is now showing up anywhere in my forum,

Help! Please?
Kelly

Morgan
04-27-2006, 11:49 PM
For one, copy the following into a file named whatismypath.php and FTP it into your main forum directory, then call it from your browser, and it should tell you the server path:
Content visible to registered users only.
For three, highlight the images directory in FTP and then right click to chmod (check read, write, and execute to get 777 permissions) assuming your FTP works like mine. BTW you're not an idiot. :)

kellyandmike
04-28-2006, 12:31 AM
Ok I did the whatismypath.php and called it up and here is what the page said:
/home/couponch/public_html/feedback

So is my line 11 right in my config as:
define('PHOTOPLOG_FWD','/home/couponch/public_html/feedback');

I right clicked and went to Properties and clicked all three.

Should it work now?

Go to www.couponchix.com/feedback and I don't see it anywhere.?.

Oh, and thanks for your help so far........

Morgan
04-28-2006, 12:34 AM
Go to http://www.couponchix.com/feedback/photoplog/ ;)

kellyandmike
04-28-2006, 12:38 AM
Did you fix something? Wow....

kellyandmike
04-28-2006, 12:40 AM
Uh oh, I don't think I did the images file 777 thing right...

Error when trying to upload a photo:

Sorry, kellyandmike: Bad Open - Cannot Open the images Directory for Writing

Morgan
04-28-2006, 12:42 AM
Nope, didn't fix anything, the config server path is to the /feedback directory, and you installed in the /feedback/photoplog directory, so the latter is where to http link to for the gallery.

For the bad open error, just try to 777 the images directory again, you'll get it. :)

kellyandmike
04-28-2006, 12:49 AM
Okay, I had set the permissions for my other "image" folder.

Thanks so much.