PDA

View Full Version : Questions about photoplog

safin
02-09-2008, 04:03 AM
I am looking to purchase photoplog for my new site. A few questions
1) Is pppro working with vbseo. I know its a third party product and i am not asking support as such. I just want to know if there is any site thats integrated vbseo crr's with success.
2) Is it possible to get the category and image titles in url(No rewrites are fine, i will handle that part) with file edits ofcourse.
3) This might welll exist but am confirming. I would prefer to watermark my images at the start. So that all three images(thumbs, medium and original) are watermarked and when directly accessed show that way). Is it possible to not generate images dynamically at the last stage and use the watermarked original.

Thanks

Morgan
02-09-2008, 04:22 AM
1: There are a number of sites using both vBSEO and PhotoPlog, but as I don't use vBSEO, I don't know what CRR means. Might try asking that one at vbseo.com and when there take a gander at any PhotoPlog related threads, as there have been a few incompatibilities between the two programs, though most seem minor.

2: It would take files edits to get category and images titles in URLs, but it is possible if you are up for the edits. There might also be something at vbseo.com for that too, but you'd need to check.

3: Watermarks are currently done on the fly for large thumbnails and original files. The current version does not have an option to hard watermark images.

safin
02-09-2008, 02:39 PM
oops. I needed the third functionality. Generating real time images is first a bit heavy on server resources and won't be crawled by google image search also which can deliver seizable number of guests to the gallery.
Is this option on the table or can be expected? It would be a critical option for me atleast :(

Morgan
02-09-2008, 05:24 PM
Sorry, there is no time frame as to if/when a hard watermark option will be available, but I think Google can index dynamically generated images (example (http://images.google.com/images?q=site%3A.photoplog.com+file.php)) though you might want to check more on that.