PDA

View Full Version : Problem Uploading Pings

Digital Jedi
02-14-2008, 08:33 PM
Seems this is a very common error:

Sorry, Digital Jedi: Bad File - File is too Large or of the Wrong MIME TypeExcept I only get it when I try to upload a Ping file. I uped the file size to see if that was it, but it sill gives me the error, even for small Pings. Any way to fix that?

Morgan
02-19-2008, 04:28 PM
Check the 'gd' box on your PHP info page to see if 'PNG Support' is enabled, or shoot an email to your host and ask them. If it is enabled, it could be an image that is not recognized as a PNG image by PHP, so then use your favorite graphics program to copy-paste the image as a new PNG, save it, and try uploading that instead.

Digital Jedi
02-21-2008, 11:43 PM
Hm, checked it out, and Ping Support is enabled. Problem is, I save most of my artwork as Pings, and none of them will upload, not even older files I made years ago.

Morgan
02-22-2008, 05:10 AM
Just checking, but by Ping do you mean PNG images? Try uploading one of them to the online demo (http://www.photoplog.com/demo/lite/index.php) and see if it is a go.

Digital Jedi
02-23-2008, 05:45 AM
Yup, .png extentions.

I tried this same banner on my forum, and I get that same error message.

Content visible to registered users only.

This image is 16,038 bytes, and I have my User Group's maximum file size set to 1,048,576 bytes. Hrm, too high maybe? I really don't remember setting it that high.

Morgan
02-24-2008, 04:28 AM
Are you using commas in the Maximum File Size setting? If so, remove them and try again.

Digital Jedi
02-29-2008, 05:36 AM
Commas, no. Sorry, didn't mean to mislead. I just added them when typing it out here.

Morgan
03-02-2008, 02:08 AM
In the PhotoPlog Lite upload.php and edit.php files try replacing this:
With the following: