PDA

View Full Version : Category trouble

Moman
09-10-2006, 05:45 AM
After installing photoplog on a new forum that I made, I cannot create nor view any categories.

In the ACP, when I select "Add Category" from the left column menu, I simply get redirected to my site index: the admin page does not come up, even if I enter the URL manually.

So that's one thing...this error also appears on my other forum, after upgrading to vB 3.6 and photoplog 2.0.5. The caregories cannot be edited, but they still appear.

I then tried adding categories manually though the database (I set permissions to 102 and parentid to -1), and they still didn't show up in the gallery index.

Is photoplog not fully compatible with vB 3.6? It looks like it...

I've closed my gallery until the error gets resolved, so please help, if you can.

Morgan
09-10-2006, 10:25 PM
For the new vB install, it sounds like there might be an htaccess redirection going on. Just to be sure, are the photoplog_category.php, photoplog_comment.php, and photoplog_file.php files residing in your vB admincp directory? Any htaccess file preventing access to the files?

For the vB upgrade, the PhotoPlog categories may seem to disappear after upgrading to vB 3.6. To make them reappear, finish upgrading to vB 3.6, and then go to vB ACP -> PhotoPlog -> Category Manager and click the 'Save Display Order' button to refresh the categories.

Moman
09-10-2006, 10:47 PM
All 3 files are in the admin directory, yes. I'll check my htaccess contents, but I'm positive that redirects in there affect other site areas...

I'll check the category settings once I get the admin page to show up :)

Thanks.

Moman
09-10-2006, 10:51 PM
Wow, what a stupid error on my part...

In the htaccess file, I used the "RedirectMatch" command rather than the standard redirect for themotec.com/photo to go to mosphotos.com.

I've changed that, and now the admin page is showing up. Once I get the categories set up, I'll be looking into photoplog pro :)

Morgan
09-10-2006, 10:53 PM
If you have hell access, tail -f your server access log file. It might show you the redirection.

Edit: Posted before seeing your latest reply. Glad you found the problem. :)