PDA

View Full Version : Blank page on upload, and no images added..

Blaminator
09-12-2006, 04:03 PM
As the title says, when I try to upload an image, it just goes to a blank page, nothings on the page, nothing's in the source, =/

Help :(

cheesegrits
09-12-2006, 07:01 PM
Is this a new install? Have you been able to upload before and it suddenly stopped working? If so, have you recently made any changes or upgrades to either PhotoPlog or vBulletin itself (like upgrading to 3.6)?

Do you have access to your web server error logs? If so, see if there are any obvious errors being logged when you try to upload.

The more info you can provide, the better.

-- hugh

Blaminator
09-12-2006, 07:48 PM
it was a fresh install of photoplog lite, on vbulletin 3.5, and no I don't have access to the logs, the only change I made was changing the photoplog directory name to gallery, I thought that could've caused the error for a strange reason, but I changed it back, still same problem :/

edit: vbulletin was recently updated from 3.0

cheesegrits
09-12-2006, 09:22 PM
Did you 'chmod 777' the images directory inside the photoplog dir?

How you do this will depend on what ftp client you use to upload the files.

- hugh

Blaminator
09-12-2006, 09:56 PM
I've done this, had I not i'd have recieved a no permissions error, not a blank page, unless error displaying is turned off =/

Morgan
09-12-2006, 11:22 PM
Just to be sure, check the 'PhotoPlog Link' and 'Upload Directory' settings and also the server path in the PhotoPlog config file. Also, temporarily place the following in the PhotoPlog config file to turn on error reporting:
Content visible to registered users only.

Blaminator
09-12-2006, 11:44 PM
The Photoplog link, upload directory and the server path are all correct, I've turned on error reporting, I get this error:

and line 44 is:

got any ideas anyone?

Morgan
09-13-2006, 12:00 AM
Check that you have the GD library installed correctly. See here (http://www.photoplog.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78) for more details.