View Full Version : PhotoPlog Pro v.2.1.2 Discussion

Morgan
10-25-2006, 03:11 AM
PhotoPlog Pro v.2.1.2 Discussion

For support, create a new thread. :)

cheesegrits
10-25-2006, 03:54 AM
Yeeee HAAAAH!!!!

I'll install it first thing tomorrow. Thanks for your hard work. I know it'll rock.

-- hugh

stash
10-25-2006, 07:41 AM
Good morning!!
I've seen the demo one and it seems that morgan had some work to do :p Nice Work, Morgan... I think an update has to be done... I'll try it when ever i find so free time....

I question from me... I haven't seen anything about Moderators. Is it still the same old "only admins can moderate"?

Tnx...

--Stash

HellĀ³
10-25-2006, 08:11 AM
Great upgrade, nice feature list, and I already upgraded, it was quite easy and painless. Good work!

Now to play with the new toy ;)

wez
10-25-2006, 10:21 AM
hi morgan
will things like photoplog 1337 thumbs hack still work ?

Sparkiller
10-25-2006, 10:47 AM
Ehm, how exactly does the album-feature work? I upgraded and added a test-album, but how can i add pictures to it?

(But thanks for the update, the additions are great!)

Morgan
10-25-2006, 04:06 PM
Thanks all. :D

@stash: moderation is the same as before, but maybe next go extra moderation features will appear.

@wez: that mod will not work for pro v.2.1.2 and greater but see this (http://www.photoplog.com/forum/showpost.php?p=8708&postcount=17) post for a possible alternative.

@Sparkiller: when viewing a file, there is an 'Album It' link next to the 'Rate File' drop down of stars.

JGM007
10-25-2006, 04:31 PM
One suggestion that I am fairly certain other people will want too :)

For the FTP import option, there should be a use file name as title option, right now if you import a bunch of files you have to enter a title name and all the files get that one name, so you have to go back and rename all the files.

Morgan
10-25-2006, 07:53 PM
Noted, thanks for the suggestion. :)

Moman
10-26-2006, 12:00 AM
A few questions that will help me decide weather or not to upgrade:

1. Can the long "random thumbs" strip be turned off?
2. Can category thumbnails be turned off?
3. Can the random thumbs be displayed at the top of the gallery homepage?
4. What's the purpose of albums in PhotoPlog? Is it like a "favorites" feature?
5. Can albums be turned off?

Morgan
10-26-2006, 02:11 AM
1. Setting the number zero in how many to display turns them off.
2. You would need to edit a template or two to remove the thumbs.
3. Random/new thumbs are contained in variables that can be moved.
4. Yes, it's like a favorites place where you can mark things to store.
5. Via the Usergroup Manager, you can set a yes/no per usergroup.

Neal
10-26-2006, 08:41 PM
Would just like to say that the new gallery is amazing. Brilliant.

Is there a way to create a members area that creates a users own gallery section once they add an image like vba?

Morgan
10-26-2006, 11:25 PM
Thanks. :D

Not sure of the vBa feature, but in PhotoPlog, you can allow your members to suggest a category. Once you approve the category, it's available for uploads. If you are looking for that category to be used only by said member, that'll be a feature request maybe for a later version of pro. :p :)

MikeD
10-29-2006, 07:11 PM
New PhotoPlog? Wow, seems that I missed somethings :). Finally we have now an new update. But it's hard work for me about the new Phrases into German. Can someone give me a lil overview about the new Phrases between 2.11 and the new one? Please don't tell me to re-translate the whole PhotoPlog. Please don't do it :( It was a hard work for me at that time

Just a lil overview about the new Phrases. It this possible? So then I can update the German translating here in that forum. -Mike

cheesegrits
10-29-2006, 07:18 PM
I finally had some time today to do the upgrade.

My only problem so far was that the config.php got overwritten, such that ...

Content visible to registered users only.

... which of course caused a few problems when I tried to hit the main 'plog page. :)

I followed the upgrade instructions to the letter. Obviously just correcting the above fixed things, and it seem to be running fine. But I guess you might want to adjust the instructions accordingly.

-- hugh

Morgan
10-29-2006, 08:21 PM
@MikeD: the language XML files here (http://www.photoplog.com/forum/showthread.php?t=338) list phrases in alphabetical order within phrase group so that can be used to look for new phrases, but sorry, I don't have a list of the v.2.1.2 phrases.

@cheesegrits: do you mean the upgrade instructions in the readme.txt file? If so, please see number three. Maybe it should be config.php.txt and then people can rename the file if needed.

cheesegrits
10-29-2006, 08:42 PM

Ah, you mean the bit that clearly says "(except config.php)" that I somehow managed to miss?

Sheesh, I'm just not having a good day today.

-- hugh

cheesegrits
10-29-2006, 08:52 PM
Is the PSD for the new Slideshow button available? I'd like to build one for my dark styles (I'm a Black Widow user, I vastly prefer it to the standard style), need to grab one of the layers from your default blue button.

-- hugh

Morgan
10-29-2006, 08:54 PM
LOL, that'd be the bit. Don't worry, tomorrow is Monday, it'll get better. :D

As for the slideshow button, there is no PSD, it's just a flat GIF image.

cheesegrits
10-29-2006, 11:06 PM

Hmmm, that makes it tougher. The white aliasing on the default is nasty on a dark bg, and of course the button background is that gradient blue, which makes it tough to turn into a dark grey gradient to fit with the dark bg's.

I think all I really need to do is crop the filmstrip image, and paste that into my standard dark style "big button" PSD. Then it's just text, and aliasing it properly for a dark bg.

I have all the graphics ability of a house brick, but if I do come up with anything workable, I'll upload it.

-- hugh

Morgan
10-29-2006, 11:39 PM
Here's one that might work. :)

cheesegrits
10-30-2006, 02:00 AM
Looks great.

Of course, the next thing I'm going to whine about is I'm having to edit the templates for my dark styles, to specify slideshow_dark.gif.

Have you considered locating your images in the main product images tree, and using stylevars for the image paths in your templates? That way us folk with a variety of stlyes just have to drop our custom images in the relevant style dir, and not have to modify photoplog templates in individual styles.

Even if just for large buttons, like this one, that are a significant part of any overall style look and feel.

-- hugh

3dsoft
10-30-2006, 08:11 AM
Looks good!
Are you planning on adding a tagging system?

Morgan
10-30-2006, 10:40 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, maybe next release. :)

MikeD
11-03-2006, 06:47 AM
Good morning Morgan,
would you please so kind to change the OEM Slideshow Button for me? I'd like to have this one without the filmstrip on the left. I'm no graphic expert so I'm not able to do that. Would you please do it for me? Thank you! -Mike

Almost forget: Too I need the same one in German with the word: Dia Vorschau Thank you so much for your time my friend. No need to rush. Take your time ;)

3dsoft
11-03-2006, 08:18 AM
May this helps you. ;)

MikeD
11-03-2006, 09:49 AM
Content visible to registered users only.Whooaa, GREAT!!! Excellent work!!! Thank you so much for your time Content visible to registered users only.
Whenever you have time: Would you please so kind to create the same button without the filmstrip graphic on the left? Take your time ;) Thank you very much for your great work! -Mike

3dsoft
11-03-2006, 11:07 AM
...here goes the new slideshow button. ;)

MikeD
11-03-2006, 01:41 PM
Perfect Content visible to registered users only.! Thank you very much for your time and this nice button. Exactly that what I need ;) If there's something what I can do for you, you know where to find me.