PDA

View Full Version : error can you help plz :o)

shedevil
11-07-2006, 03:03 PM
hi.ive recently moved to a different server and my photolog has gone funny.

on some images theres no photo it just says *Image*i click on image and it says *Click to view original*then when i click on Click to view original i get this
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /photoplog/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

then i cant get back out of the gallery that msg shows on everything like refresh or back or forum anything...i have to shut the page down and re=open it
ve got PhotoPlog Lite v.2.0.5

any ideas guys,thank you in advance :)

Morgan
11-07-2006, 11:28 PM
Check that PHP is configured with safe mode set to off, and also check that the permissions on the PhotoPlog images directory, and all its subdirectories, are set to 777 permissions.

shedevil
11-08-2006, 01:22 PM
Thank you morgan.all the settings are ok..i can log in on my sons name.same pc,same browser,he gets no errors in the gallery,...a couple of weeks ago the new server crashed and im sure thats when the problem started but host says its not the server.so im stumped.your my last hope.:(

Morgan
11-10-2006, 05:19 AM
Not sure I understand, sorry. When logged in as him everything looks okay?

shedevil
11-10-2006, 07:55 AM
hi morgan.my son gets the errors now aswell....some members get the error...some members dont....sorry to be such a pain :( could it be a server issue? some images are there at 1st then they dissapear

Morgan
11-10-2006, 08:32 AM
Go to the following link and note the 403 Forbidden message in the browser:
Content visible to registered users only.
This is likely due to incorrect permissions on the directories and/or files. Recheck that, for everything PhotoPlog you uploaded, the directory and file permissions are like this:
Content visible to registered users only.
There is nothing in PhotoPlog to set these. You need to use FTP, SSH, or your hosting control panel.

shedevil
11-24-2006, 11:58 AM
Hi morgan.sorry ive not got back to you.my host has a new server now and it seems my problem is solved..thank you for your time though :D

Morgan
11-24-2006, 06:41 PM
Glad it's now working. :)

shedevil
04-11-2007, 12:58 PM
hi morgan.me again D'oh.ive changed to a brand knew host and my old problem is back,im wondering if you could take a look for me.a cheek i know but everythings been checked and we cant find the problemim thinking my old host has well messed up somewhere :o

Morgan
04-11-2007, 02:22 PM
All I see at your-site.com/photoplog/index.php is the login box, meaning guests don't have permission to view the gallery.

shedevil
04-11-2007, 04:36 PM
hi morgan.sorry im just having it re-installed hopefully that will work. the bish is helping me aswell

The Bish
04-11-2007, 05:36 PM
I can officially say him site is good to go. No more issues from what I can tell... or have been told ;-)