PDA

View Full Version : Pro v.2.1.4 Request Thread

Morgan
11-08-2006, 12:08 AM
Pro v.2.1.4 Request Thread

Feel free to post new feature requests for pro v.2.1.4 in this thread, as it's where I'll be looking for what you want.

I'll try to keep this post updated with items that will go in the next release. Please note though that it's possible not every request will make it into the next release.

For the Next Release

Category member folder display
Allow for category dividers
Vary title on FTP Import
Make use of EXIF information
Integrate with vB member list
Ability for public albums
Replace 35px with setting
Add style CSS to IMG tags
Improve view file navbits
Inline moderation tick boxes
Separate getnew/daily info
Edit/delete in view file table head
hooks_photoplog.xml for plugins
Unmoderated categories allowed
Improve custom field search
Add setting for number in filmstrip
Drop downs on selector popup
Split ACP settings into parts
Feed by category via query string

PhotoPlog Pro v.2.1.4 is released!

jljr222
11-08-2006, 12:29 PM
I have already suggested this, but just in case and I don't think it was added in 2.1.3, but when you use FTP Import, it forces you to select a name and gives that name to every file you mass uploaded to your gallery. That doesn't really work well if you think about it, so I suggest making a function that would do this.

When you select "FTP Import" the form should change slightly (possibly ajax), then ask you if you want to add a numbered suffix or prefix to your FTP Import names, select yes and there you have it. For people who want really defined names, then I suggest manually editing them.

*Note: Also, I just thought of this, maybe adding a feature like "Use Filename as Name" and that would take the filename before the extension (jpeg, gif, etc) and use that as the name. Tell me what you think.

Morgan says: 'Vary title on FTP Import' added to list

MikeD
11-08-2006, 07:19 PM
That's an damn good idea. Let's start...:D

ACP Options...
Internal Backup Function (I believe it's one of the most impartant things to prevent any data loss!!!)

Morgan says: vB database backup option available at ACP -> Maintenance -> Database Backup

Selectable Pics (Should be good for Mass/Mov Deletings)

Morgan says: not sure of the feasibility with a large gallery and limited screen space

Database Options...
Purge old saved Images

Morgan says: can be done with Mass Move/Delete or individually when viewing file

Check for missing thumbnails and re-create them

Morgan says: not sure of the extra benefit over Rebuild Thumbnails option

Rescan photos & save EXIF Header information

Morgan says: 'Make use of EXIF information' added to list

Scan for duplicate entries

Morgan says: not sure on this, could be difficult to determine true duplicates

Custom Fields...
Searchable Custom Fields (Right now our custom fields being not supported in the PhotoPlog search function)

Morgan says: custom fields are automatically searched since pro v.2.1.2

PhotoPlog Lists...
Members Gallery List

Morgan says: 'Integrate with vB member list' added to list

Miscellaneous
Own Pic Fav's

Morgan says: users can add favorites to albums since pro v.2.1.2

Compress Pics

Morgan says: 'JPG Thumb Quality' setting available, GIF and PNG default to GD/PHP

Sounds good? Hmm I think for the time being I should stop here. I have more of them. So I thought to post the most important things. I did not tell ya my ideas of options of stored pics. You'd be surprised. If I'd post it I believe Morgan gets a nervous breakdown (j/k) :D Nah, take it easy, Morgan. You can be happy to have such a great crew in your forum. Everyone loves you of your great abilities and knowledges to make your PhotoPlog better and better on each day. I know: It's easier said than done. But I'm absolute sure: You will get it! Get on with it and remember that you have the whole crew behind you ;) -Mike

Moman
11-09-2006, 12:19 AM
For the slideshow, I'd suggest adding a link to the full version of the pic being displayed (maybe the image itself should be clickable).

Morgan says: with JavaScript/Cookies the image clicks to view file page, without to image itself

Another nice feature would to be to have an option enabling custom member galleries and pages- a mix between MySpace and PBase. These would not necessarily need to be linked to the main gallery- they could just be standalone pages powered by the gallery that members could link to from their profile page or signature. If you add something link this, remember to include an on/off setting in the config page since not everyone would find it useful.

Morgan says: 'Ability for public albums' added to list

Harald_T
11-11-2006, 12:00 PM
Suggestion: Replace fixed width for thumbnails with variables.

Morgan says: 'Replace 35px with setting' added to list

MikeD
11-11-2006, 03:29 PM
Just finished the translations of 2.13 & 2.14 and now this. OMG, does it never stop? Now we are by 2.14 and the discussion goes on. LOL J/K :D :)

Content visible to registered users only.Yep I know it my friend, but I thought to get a seperate Backup function for PhotoPlog only. Hmm...

Morgan says: just mark the PhotoPlog tables as yes to backup only those tables

MikeD
11-11-2006, 03:35 PM
Once again Morgan pulls through. My god what's up with you? I think this might be getting a little out of hand (positive meaning ;)) Go on. I love you for that. I'm ready for the next translations. Can't wait o get the gold edition 5.01 :D -Mike

Morgan says: just compiling a list at the moment, not sure when the next release will be

MikeD
11-11-2006, 09:20 PM
Noticed it right now about the Morgan says: ... sentence. Great idea. Anyway better than to start a "QUOTE" ;)

Content visible to registered users only.

MikeD says: Stupid me. I did not see it. Thank you!!!

MikeD
11-11-2006, 09:28 PM
Content visible to registered users only.

MikeD says: Ready to volunteer myself as Beta Tester ;)

ennergi
11-12-2006, 11:37 PM
My biggest pet peeve with gallery scripts in vB is the fact that there's never any option in the ACP to add a border around both thumbnails and full size images. Can you possibly make an option to turn a border on in the ACP, with the variables of thickness (pixels) and border color?

If that were included, I'd switch from vBGallery to PhotoPlog in a heartbeat (even though I already own a Photoplog license). It's the little things that attract some people :)

Thanks for listening!

Morgan says: 'Add style CSS to IMG tags' added to list for small, medium, and large thumbs when embedded in HTML; it's possible to border an image fed directly to the browser but it might be too much overhead

Moses
11-13-2006, 05:38 AM
Suggestion: when you are viewing a picture the Breadcrumb stops one level too soon
eg. when on this page (http://www.photoplog.com/demo/pro/index.php?n=57) it would be nice to have Cats as a category in the Breadcrumb. I can see it linked in the filmstrip, but the breadcrumb would give it a consistent feel with the forums.

Morgan says: 'Improve view file navbits' added to list

Suggestion: Inline Moderation - I think it'd be really useful to have an inline moderation tool similar to the vbulletin one, that would allow an admin to tick boxes next to images on the category view then apply a mod action (ie move/delete) to all selected images.

Morgan says: 'Inline moderation tick boxes' added to list

Cheers,
Moses.

Moses
11-14-2006, 03:35 AM
Hey I can't edit my post! oh well...

Another useful feature would be the option to integrate the new comments search with the main "New Posts" forum search.. this way users would see all new coments for them to post replies to.

Morgan says: 'Separate getnew/daily info' added to list, however vB search is geared to forums, not gallery comments, so they won't be integrated

ragtek
11-14-2006, 07:31 PM
what i dont like:
edit & deletelink in the subnavbar => nobody is seeing it

Morgan says: 'Edit/delete in view file table head' added to list

no hooks=> filemodifikations=> no updatewarranty ( all the file changes will be for nothing because i must do it aggain)
"too low" templates- not everybody will agree

Morgan says: 'hooks_photoplog.xml for plugins' added to list

http://www.photoplog.com/forum/showthread.php?t=715
this would be very usefull for many users i think if they can say yes/no to there images in the profile

Morgan says: this replies on the language dependent multiple choice fields set for the options

image rating with ajax like in vb ;) no reload needed

Morgan says: not sure at this point how much if any AJAX will be added in the next version

aggiefan
11-15-2006, 07:38 PM
I would like to see an option where you can allow a usergroup to add categories (beyond the suggest a category). Namely because I dont want to have to login to admincp to add a new gallery section (and I created a gallery usergroup for those that can upload pics to the gallery but nobody beyond admin can make a new category and I make a new one for each new event we have)

Morgan says: 'Unmoderated categories allowed' added to list

Morgan
11-16-2006, 07:35 PM
Thanks for the pro v.2.1.4 requests. For pro v.2.1.5 requests, go here (http://www.photoplog.com/forum/showthread.php?t=729). :)