PDA

View Full Version : Problem installing photoplog

gary1974
11-20-2006, 01:34 PM
This was a instal on a fresh 3.6. I followed instructions to a tee, but I got lost on the last part where the instructions say
"Go to vB ACP, refresh your index page, and look for the Photoplog group
(set your setting/usergroup permissions/etcetera via the PhotoPlog group)"

The only place I see photoplog is vBulletin Options but I don't see where to set usergroup permissions.

ragtek
11-20-2006, 01:41 PM
and you dont have a extra group on the left side?
sure that you copy the cpnav_photoplog.xml into forum/includes/xml

because then you must have a own section in the acp menu on the left side Content visible to registered users only.

MikeD
11-20-2006, 02:51 PM
Content visible to registered users only.Hi Gary, two ways are possible of them. See here...
Did you copy both files bitfield_photoplog & cpnav_photoplog into the folders of \forum\includes\xml\?

Make sure your vB Debug Mode is On. Open the config.php file and edit...
Content visible to registered users only.

In the ACP on the left side under "vB Settings" you can see the last option "Rebuild Bitfields". Click "Rebuid Bitfields". This is another way to get the results, what Morgan meant Go to vB ACP, refresh your index page, and look for the Photoplog group. Basicially the photoPlog installation routine is so damn easy and usually it never happens that this program won't run. Once you got it installed you will see the Category Permissions on the left. Regarding ragtek's pic.

One of both items is the reason. I guess it's the first point ;) -Mike

Morgan
11-20-2006, 03:13 PM
Make sure you have the bitfield_photoplog.xml and cpnav_photoplog.xml files in the correct directory like ragtek and MikeD suggest. Thanks guys.

Calling the following from your browser will rebuild bitfields and refresh the page without having to edit the vB config:
Content visible to registered users only.