PDA

View Full Version : vB profile page options

dinz
12-02-2006, 11:54 AM
Hello,
I am looking for a script that
- lets users post pictures of whatever into themed galleries
- lets users post pictures of themselves onto their vB profile pages
I don't mind if the profile pictures also turn up in the galleries section (in a subfolder such as "profile pictures" or so), but only profile pictures should go to the profile pages, together with ratings / comments. Similar to MySpace or Orkut.
Is this possible with PhotoPlog?
Thank you!

Morgan
12-02-2006, 08:05 PM
PhotoPlog is an add-on gallery script for vB where you set up categories and your members can upload into a category, assuming they are in a usergroup that has permission to do so. You can place 'Random Thumbs' and 'Newest Thumbs' on the profile page (see here (http://www.photoplog.com/forum/member.php?u=1) for an example) but PhotoPlog is not a MySpace or Orkut modification. The 'Random Thumbs' on the profile page are a random selection from that user, and the 'Newest Thumbs' on the profile page show the most recent few uploads from that user.

dinz
12-02-2006, 08:51 PM
Thanks for the explanation.

I guess it shouldn't be too complicated to adjust the "newest thumbs" so that only thumbs from a particular categoriy (e.g. "profile pictures" category) are displayed on the profile page, right? Probably only a few amendments in the code?

Morgan
12-02-2006, 09:00 PM
Correct, to get the 'Newest Thumbs' on the profile page to display from a particular category is a simple modification of one PHP file, but please note that coding custom modifications is really outside the realm of support, so I won't provide custom modifications. Sorry.