PDA

View Full Version : Import/conversion script

TCS
12-25-2006, 04:07 AM
Do you have an import/conversion script for the old vBagallery before it was switch to photopost (For what ever reason)?

I am looking for a new gallery but don't want to lose my old info.

Morgan
12-25-2006, 02:33 PM
Totally understandable, not wanting to lose info, but there are currently no import/conversion scripts available. :(

Sychev_S
04-04-2007, 06:39 AM
Morgan, any plans on making one?

Morgan
04-04-2007, 04:52 PM
Sorry, not anytime soon.

squalo
04-19-2007, 03:29 PM
Content visible to registered users only.

and from lite to pro is possible?

Morgan
04-20-2007, 04:29 PM
Yes, it is possible to upgrade from PhotoPlog Lite to PhotoPlog Pro.

moondragon
07-01-2007, 08:12 PM
Morgan,

I respect your decision to run things the way you feel are best for you company. Having said that, I would pay a small premium for a PhotoPost import script. I also think I am not alone in this request as PhotoPost is about the worst piece of software I have ever used (worse than Windows 98!).

LBmtb
07-09-2007, 05:56 AM
I'm in the same boat as moondragon. Would def need an import script from PhotoPost -> Photoplog to be able to switch.

vBulletin has import scripts for tons of different forums and I bet it's a major reason why people finally decide to pay and switch. IMO it's just plain good business sense for PhotoPlog to try and lure as many potential customer as possible and that includes customers who wants to switch from Photopost. :)

Sniper
07-09-2007, 03:01 PM
I've just started making an import script :) though still not decided if it will be free or small premium :) (want to go brand free :) so to raise $$$)

Having had a quick look I can get it it to import (have to put vBGallery safemode bypass on)

- Catgegories
- Files
- Comments

Sniper
07-09-2007, 06:06 PM
well I've done catgeories and files :) not sure about comments yet.

From http://www.hardwareforums.com/gallery/

to

http://www.hardwareforums.com/photoplog/index.php

LBmtb
07-09-2007, 11:07 PM
Nice, good job sniper! I might be interested in your script. I certainly can do one myself but if getting it from you saves me 3+ hours I'm all for that. Comments aren't nearly as critical as categories and photos.

How hard was it? Run into any problems? How did you handle photos that are in 'additional' categories?

Looks like I might be ditching photopost for photoplog sometime soon . . .

Sniper
07-09-2007, 11:44 PM
sorry what do you mean by "additional" categories?

it wasn't that hard really, its quite simple but its not something I will sell, rather offer a service to import. Morgan has said posting of the script wont be allowed unless I have written permission from vbGallery creators (due to database copyright issues) to do so. (and I ain't gonna contact them, I'm just glad I have Photoplog now :)

I've managed to import over all the comments, the only thing left is ratings which can be done but I wasn't bothered since only a few people rated picture.

LBmtb
07-09-2007, 11:51 PM
Additional categories:
When uploading in photopost people can choose a main category and then additional categories for the photo so that the photo can show up in multiple categories.

Hmm, service sounds expensive. I may have to write my own script. You're right about not wanting to contact them. I bet they'll tell you to F off, lol.

Anyhoo - congrats on having Photoplog now!

Sniper
07-10-2007, 12:13 AM
expensive no, not going to charge more than the script :)

interesting which version did that feature appear in? considering Photoplog only allows one category so it should be easy to get the main category.

LBmtb
07-10-2007, 02:04 AM
Not sure on which version. Maybe it was just a photopost thing? At any rate - I didn't care too much for it but some people did use it.

mhc1576
07-23-2007, 08:55 PM

Dear Sniper,

Will you help with import if I buy PhotoPlog Pro or is it possible to get a copy of the script?

I don't understand the copyright issue above, since you are not using their database (it's the customers database) and only query the content there could not be any copyright issues in my opinion.
Do you think vBulletin has permission from all the Forums their Impex can import from ?

Best Regards
Hakan

Sniper
07-24-2007, 03:39 PM
hi, yes I can help you with importing but the script is not for sale unfortunately, send me a PM, when ready

Pirate45
09-10-2007, 10:59 AM

This is where I am as well and probably the only reason I don't make the switch right now.

We started out with Gallery, then moved to PhotoPost because it integrated with vBulletin but our users are not happy.

This looks like the software we need but the change from Gallery to PhotoPost left some of our members very angry and us with bruises from the blistering that the members gave us.

If this would import from PhotoPost, I would buy this in a minute, and I would gladly pay double, even triple the purchase price.

Is there any hope?

LBmtb
09-10-2007, 02:07 PM
FYI - I already have photoplog installed (not live though) and I plan on making an import script in the next couple months or so when I get some free time. At which point I'll probably release the script for a fee. And no - I don't believe sniper's belief that there will be vbgallery database copyright issues.

moondragon
09-26-2007, 12:11 AM
Where do I send payment?!

I just need the import to do the following:

1. Import photos - titles, who uploaded it
2. Categories - easy as all my photos are only in 1 category

I don't care about comments or permissions, I just want all my photos moved over and the very basics of each photo moved. Title, description time it was uploaded etc. Anything to stop using PhotoPost!

begore
10-08-2007, 08:13 AM
I wrote an import script for PhotoPost yesterday, successfully migrated 3500 photos.

- Photos, titles, descriptions, ratings, original date/time
- Comments
- Categories, including parents, display order, etc.

There are a couple of glitches that have shown up, the main one I'm going to detail in another thread to see if anyone can hed any light.

Lizard King
10-22-2007, 04:52 PM
Is there an avaible importer yet ? I am highly interested in it since i can't switch without an importer.

thompson
10-24-2007, 02:51 PM
looking for a import script for a phpbb gallery to photoplog pro.

Johnny Utah
10-24-2007, 08:50 PM
This is a long shot, but will there ever be an import from VB Image Host? :
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=123481&highlight=image+host

Morgan
10-24-2007, 11:48 PM
Sorry, there are currently no official import scripts. :(

Johnny Utah
10-25-2007, 03:37 PM

Are there any plans to make import scripts? I'm in the same boat as Lizard King (and a lot of other people too), it's virtually impossible to switch to your product without an import script.

Thanks.

Morgan
10-25-2007, 07:04 PM
Photopost and vBGallery people might want to check with either Sniper (http://www.photoplog.com/forum/member.php?u=1546) or begore (http://www.photoplog.com/forum/member.php?u=848) to see if their import scripts are available, and for people using Coppermine, Smartor, VB Image Hosting, etcetera, the "problem" is that I am not familiar with those scripts, so learning a new script to make an importer is lower on the priority list than is finishing the next release of PhotoPlog Pro, so I cannot say if or when any official import scripts might be available.

Johnny Utah
10-26-2007, 01:17 AM
Great, thanks for the information.

bhuwan
12-10-2007, 11:24 PM
would b enice if there were an importer for vbgallery -> photoplog

elykk
01-13-2008, 01:21 AM

Anyone else have an importer for photopost vbgallery to photoplog? I have left messages for both of them and have not heard from them.

cellarius
01-16-2008, 03:02 PM
Same with me :rolleyes:

Sniper
02-03-2008, 09:21 PM
I've imported for elykk if I got the right username :) please send me a PM or email on my site if you want to have your vbgallery converted to photoplog.

elykk
02-04-2008, 06:31 PM
Sniper did the import from my vbgallery to PhotoPlog yesterday and every thing is perfect, all images and comments were transferred over.

geoff777
04-03-2008, 07:57 AM
Great a Photopost importer is really a must for Photoplog.

Photopost is rubbish the batch upload is terrible.

Is Photoplog uploads - Ajax and drag and drop?

Morgan
04-07-2008, 04:06 PM
Nope, PhotoPlog Pro uses a browse button, link, or FTP import: demo (http://www.photoplog.com/demo/pro/index.php).

sowosammerneger
04-26-2008, 06:40 AM

Do you think, you can do it with photopost pro too?

twitch
06-11-2009, 03:48 PM
I really need the vbagallery to photoplog import. PM if you have a way to get this done. I PM'ed Sniper already, no response yet but it has only been 12 hours.

twitch
06-11-2009, 08:28 PM
oops, I meant to say vbgallery