PDA

View Full Version : Posting Images Problem

bahawolf
02-21-2006, 01:52 PM
When myself or my members upload the pictures, it goes fine..
We've attempted to use the IMG BBCode provided to link to the pictures, and its a broken image..

When I got the file properties, I saw this:
http://www.1337cnt.com/photoplog/images/3<b>*%20Agent%20Banksdium/1_untitled.JPG

The 3 after /images/ is the directory the real image is stored in. Agent Banks is the username who posted the picture.

All in all, it seems this is being added when I link to the picture with the given IMG code:

<b>*%20Agent%20Banksdium

Obviously, replace the 'Agent Banks' with the username of the posting member.

Any help is appreciated.

Morgan
02-21-2006, 02:07 PM
Edit your /me plugin, changing:
Content visible to registered users only.
To the following:
Or ask the /me author to account for things like /medium in post text, and then rebuild post cache if needed.

bahawolf
02-21-2006, 02:20 PM
I tried disabling the product all together, to no avail.
I then rebuilt the post cache, and still no avail..

I can link to any other image, anywhere, with no problem.. except for images from the photoplog.

I'm linking directly to the image, using the full URL as well.

After *uninstalling* the product, the actual link remains to be: http://1337cnt.com/photoplog/images/3<b>*%20Agent%20Banksdium/1_untitled.JPG

Morgan
02-21-2006, 02:55 PM
It's coming from the /me mod:
The /me in /medium is being replaced:
What is your Cached Posts Lifespan?
(vB Options -> Server Settings and Optimization Options)

How old are the affected posts?

bahawolf
02-21-2006, 09:41 PM
7 days is the cache setting..
The posts are 2 days old.. I'll try changing it to see.

EDIT: I've changed it to 1.. rebuilt.. no luck. Changed to 0.. no luck. Same link. Checked in plugin manager for scarce bits, no luck.

Morgan
02-21-2006, 09:46 PM
I'm not sure if I'm looking at the same /me mod you have/had installed. If there aren't a lot of affected posts, it might be easier to just edit the posts, replacing, if present:
With the following:
And make sure to be rid of any trailing </b> bit too, if present.

bahawolf
02-22-2006, 02:13 AM
Sorry, those both say 'Content visible to registered users only.', even though I'm logged in.

Morgan
02-22-2006, 02:18 AM
Oops, cache thing, see it now?

bahawolf
02-22-2006, 03:16 AM
In the post, when I edit it, it says:

But I believe its just being changed somewhere, to have the output of what I showed you earlier.

Morgan
02-22-2006, 03:45 AM
Try editing it, but do an 'advanced edit' and just save it. Does it stick or does it still /me the link? If so, try replacing /medium with /large to be rid of the /me effects, but note that the large image will show, not the medium image. Unfortunately, I don't see why the link is still affected by the /me mod given it's uninstalled. :(

bahawolf
02-22-2006, 03:58 PM
Changed it to Large and that worked; thank you!

Also, you seem to have known the code that was in the /me hack..
I'm looking for that hack now to try your first solution.. (Its gotta be in there somewhere, because /me still does it).

Thanks. :)

EDIT: It works! Turns out there was an additional /me plugin, (there was a product and thats what I uninstalled), and I missed it the first time. I disabled that.. and it works. Thank you sooo much.

Morgan
02-22-2006, 04:05 PM
Haven't used the /me mod but with /me missing from /medium I remembered there was a /me mod, LOL.