PhotoPlog

PhotoPlog (http://www.photoplog.com/forum/index.php)
-   "How Do I..." Questions (http://www.photoplog.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   How Do I Uninstall? (http://www.photoplog.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3015)

fattony69 10-23-2009 04:58 AM

How Do I Uninstall?

Hello,

Recently, my license expired and I lost all my files because I upgraded to Windows 7 and I would like to uninstall photoplog as it doesn't server any use to my forum anymore unfortunately. Problem is, I don't have the instructions to uninstall. Could you provide me with the readme?

Yours,

Tony

Morgan 10-23-2009 03:01 PM

================================================== ==========================================
PhotoPlog Pro NEW Installation
================================================== ==========================================

Code:

1) In the ZIP archive find the /photoplog directory, open the PhotoPlog config.php
  file in a TEXT ONLY editor, and set the server path to your main forum directory
  (check with your host if you are not sure of the server path, and if you get a
  blank page when accessing the gallery, the server path is probably not correct)

2) In the ZIP archive find the /forum/includes directory, open the PhotoPlog
  photoplog_prefix.php file in a TEXT ONLY editor, and set a PhotoPlog table prefix
  only if you need to set one (see the comments in the photoplog_prefix.php file !!!)

3) In the ZIP archive again find the /photoplog directory and FTP all the contents inside
  the /photoplog directory into a directory named photoplog on your server, keeping the
  same structure as in the ZIP file

4) Set 777 permissions on the photoplog 'images' directory on your server, as necessary
  (use chmod or FTP to set 777 permissions on the photoplog 'images' directory if needed)

5) In the ZIP archive find the /forum directory and note how the directory structure is the
  same as it is on your vB board, so FTP the files inside the PhotoPlog /forum subdirectories
  into the equivalent vB directories

6) In the ZIP archive find product-photoplog.xml and import the product-photoplog.xml file as
  a product via the vB ACP (vB ACP -> Plugin System -> Manage Products -> Add/Import Product)
  and wait until it is done !!!

7) Go to the vB ACP and refresh your ACP index page (e.g., hit Ctrl-F5 when in the ACP) and
  look for the PhotoPlog group in the side menu

8) Go through all of the PhotoPlog settings in the side menu and set them accordingly, and
  especially make sure to edit the General Settings as these need to be correct

9) Go to the vB ACP Usergroups -> Usergroup Manager -> Edit Usergroup and set the PhotoPlog
  permissions for each usergroup

10) Now add categories via Add New Category in the PhotoPlog side menu and then visit
    http://www.YOUR-SITE.com/YOUR-PHOTOPLOG-DIR/index.php to start uploading files

11) If you happen to upgrade vBulletin, then delete the vbulletin_textedit.js file from inside
    the PhotoPlog /images directory if present (do NOT delete the vbulletin_textedit.js file
    inside the vB /clientscript directory) and PhotoPlog will regenerate the file for you

12) Scroll down to the 'PhotoPlog Pro Comments' section of this README file for other goodies

PhotoPlog Pro UN-Installation

Code:

1) Go to the vB ACP -> Plugin System -> Manage Products and uninstall the
  "PhotoPlog Pro: The Pro Gallery" product
  (vB ACP -> Plugin System -> Manage Products -> Uninstall "PhotoPlog Pro: The Pro Gallery")

2) Delete all the PhotoPlog files you FTP'd on install from your server (if you have hell
  access carefully try 'rm -r [photoplog directory]' to delete the photoplog directory,
  and remember to delete the PhotoPlog files from your vB /forum subdirectories too)

3) Call admincp/index.php?do=buildbitfields from your browser to ensure its occurrence