PhotoPlog

PhotoPlog (http://www.photoplog.com/forum/index.php)
-   Troubleshooting & Problems (http://www.photoplog.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Upload.php on line 171 Error (http://www.photoplog.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2132)

Majestic 02-14-2008 05:21 AM

Upload.php on line 171 Error

I just updated to the latest version of photoplog a few days ago, almost a week actually and now when I or one of my users who can upload images attempts to do so the following error appears at the top of the page.

Code:

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home/###/public_html/photoplog/images/1/1_058a.jpg) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/###/public_html/photoplog/upload.php on line 171

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move '/tmp/phpgzMFwI' to '/home/###/public_html/photoplog/images/1/1_058a.jpg' in /home/###/public_html/photoplog/upload.php on line 171

The following appears where the upload message usually appears:

Code:

Sorry, Username: Bad Type - File is of the Wrong MIME Type
Does anyone know what has gone wrong? Any help is solving this would be greatly appreicated.

EDIT: I discovered I didn't chmod my image directory to 777. I just did so and attempted to upload only to get a new error message:

Code:

Warning: imagejpeg() [function.imagejpeg]: Unable to open '/home/####/public_html/photoplog/images/1/large/1_058.JPG' for writing in /home/####/public_html/photoplog/functions.php on line 150

Warning: imagejpeg() [function.imagejpeg]: Unable to open '/home/####/public_html/photoplog/images/1/medium/1_058.JPG' for writing in /home/####/public_html/photoplog/functions.php on line 150

Warning: imagejpeg() [function.imagejpeg]: Unable to open '/home/####/public_html/photoplog/images/1/small/1_058.JPG' for writing in /home/####/public_html/photoplog/functions.php on line 150

The following appears where the upload message usually appears:

Code:

Sorry, Username: Bad Save - Thumbs Creation Failed

Morgan 02-14-2008 05:28 AM

Check that the PhotoPlog images directory, and all subdirectories within the PhotoPlog images directory, have 777 permissions. On a *nix server, to set 777 permissions in one go via hell, cd to your PhotoPlog images directory, and then type the following:
Code:

find YOUR_PHOTOPLOG_IMAGES_DIR -type d | xargs chmod 777

Majestic 02-14-2008 07:43 AM

As I mentioned in my earlier post I chmod the images directory(/photoplog/images) and all folders inside to 777 but still get an error.

Code:

Warning: imagejpeg() [function.imagejpeg]: Unable to open '/home/####/public_html/photoplog/images/1/large/1_058.JPG' for writing in /home/####/public_html/photoplog/functions.php on line 150

Warning: imagejpeg() [function.imagejpeg]: Unable to open '/home/####/public_html/photoplog/images/1/medium/1_058.JPG' for writing in /home/####/public_html/photoplog/functions.php on line 150

Warning: imagejpeg() [function.imagejpeg]: Unable to open '/home/####/public_html/photoplog/images/1/small/1_058.JPG' for writing in /home/####/public_html/photoplog/functions.php on line 150

Code:

Sorry, Username: Bad Save - Thumbs Creation Failed

Majestic 02-18-2008 10:43 PM

Functions.php on line 150 Error when uploading images

After my upgrade I am getting this error when attempting to upload.

Code:

Warning: imagejpeg() [function.imagejpeg]: Unable to open '/home/user/public_html/photoplog/images/1/large/1_069.JPG' for writing in /home/user/public_html/photoplog/functions.php on line 150

Warning: imagejpeg() [function.imagejpeg]: Unable to open '/home/user/public_html/photoplog/images/1/medium/1_069.JPG' for writing in /home/user/public_html/photoplog/functions.php on line 150

Warning: imagejpeg() [function.imagejpeg]: Unable to open '/home/user/public_html/photoplog/images/1/small/1_069.JPG' for writing in /home/user/public_html/photoplog/functions.php on line 150

My image folder and all subfolders are chmod to 777 and my config file is directed to the correct path.

Any help would be appreicated.

Qia 02-19-2008 10:05 AM

Doh, misread, sorry. Disregard this post. Hope you get some support

Morgan 02-19-2008 03:56 PM

Double check that the permissions are 777 on all directories inside the PhotoPlog images directory and that PHP is configured with safe mode set to off:
Code:

/home/####/public_html/photoplog/images
/home/####/public_html/photoplog/images/1
/home/####/public_html/photoplog/images/1/large
/home/####/public_html/photoplog/images/1/medium
/home/####/public_html/photoplog/images/1/small

Majestic 02-19-2008 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morgan (Post 15792)
Double check that the permissions are 777 on all directories inside the PhotoPlog images directory and that PHP is configured with safe mode set to off:

They are all on 777. But how do I check to see that PHP safe mod is set to off?

Morgan 02-22-2008 04:34 AM

Look for safe_mode on your PHP info page. The following code will generate a PHP info page for you:
Code:

<?php

phpinfo();

?>