PhotoPlog

PhotoPlog (http://www.photoplog.com/forum/index.php)
-   Feedback & Suggestions (http://www.photoplog.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   PhotoPlog Pro v.2.1.4* Discussion (http://www.photoplog.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1266)

Morgan 06-14-2007 03:32 AM

PhotoPlog Pro v.2.1.4* Discussion

PhotoPlog Pro v.2.1.4* Discussion

For support, create a new thread. :)

Sychev_S 06-14-2007 03:59 AM

Haven't installed it yet, but member's categories look amazing on the demo site! Can't wait to get home and play around with it. Amazing job, Morgan!

Neal 06-14-2007 06:41 AM

looks good, but how do I get the ajax pop-up when viewing an image?

basketmen 06-14-2007 07:02 AM

hmm i think there are some major change that will improve photoplog if it can be done:

- make photos private option, so it make photoplog to be image hosting, not just gallery

- choose category in same page with browse file, so its more instant, one click to upload

- or browse file to upload in photoplog frontpage, its more instant no need to click upload.php to upload

this is just suggestion, i know its maybe hard to do, but i think above hacks can make photoplog beat ph*t*p*st selling

Neal 06-14-2007 07:02 AM

Ignore my last, I didn't realise I had to install Lightbox which I have done now ;-)

Moman 06-14-2007 09:25 AM

Is the EXIF info displayed only for images uploaded in 2.1.4, or is it shown for all photos regardless of upload date? If it's the latter, I'll have to upgrade to 2.1.4 ;)

stashman 06-14-2007 09:44 AM

Quote:

revert any changed PhotoPlog templates !!!
I changed about half of the templates.
Will an update of photoplog work like in vbulletin? Will there be versions of the templates?
Or will the templates be overwritten when I update the script?

Morgan 06-14-2007 02:43 PM

Thanks for the thanks. There is a new maintenance option in pro v.2.1.4 to update EXIF information for all JPG images. As for the templates, if you changed any PhotoPlog templates, they won't be overwritten, but if you don't revert the changed PhotoPlog templates, you'll probably find that certain things won't work or won't work correctly.

James 06-14-2007 03:18 PM

O.o I think I see things there that weren't on the original list... Public albums? Seperate Get New/Daily Info? SWEET! I can see I'm gonna be logging some serious time on my testserver planning out the migration today! Thanks Morgan, sounds awesome... Already started resynching the test server's copy of images etc.

James and Susan

marcos 06-14-2007 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morgan (Post 11648)
Thanks for the thanks. There is a new maintenance option in pro v.2.1.4 to update EXIF information for all JPG images. As for the templates, if you changed any PhotoPlog templates, they won't be overwritten, but if you don't revert the changed PhotoPlog templates, you'll probably find that certain things won't work or won't work correctly.

Hey Morgan,

I am in the same boat--did a lot of changes to the templates. So is this how it is going to be with each upgrade?

Also, I am thinking the best way to do this is to view the template, then history, and compare the older with the changed version, print it out, then make the same changes to the new teplates on 2.1.4 that replace the previous version?

I am just wondering what would be the best way to preserve the changes we all make to the templates with each upgrade?

Thanks,

Marcos