PhotoPlog

PhotoPlog (http://www.photoplog.com/forum/index.php)
-   "How Do I..." Questions (http://www.photoplog.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Moderating by moderators? (http://www.photoplog.com/forum/showthread.php?t=305)

cheesegrits 06-06-2006 03:15 AM

Moderating by moderators?

Is there any way I can allow moderators to approve picture uploads, without them needing to be admins (i.e. without access to the admincp)? Super-mod access would be fine, if there was a modcp, but either I missed something in my install, or there isn't a modcp, only and admincp.

Does the Pro version have a modcp?

-- hugh

Morgan 06-06-2006 05:52 PM

The lite and pro versions do not have a modcp available. The pro version will be getting certain moderator abilities in a future release, however PhotoPlog uses canadminforums permission. If you set a user into the Administrators usergroup, and then go to vB ACP -> Usergroups -> Administrator Permissions -> Edit Permissions, you can check yes to only Can Administer Forums to prevent said user from doing anything outside of what canadminforums permission provides.

stash 08-29-2006 02:11 PM

I had the same question but because there is nothing that could do what i want i made it my self....
So i have added the pannel to the modcp and it is visible only by the moderators who can moderate forum posts and/or attachments (because i use the same privelages...I olso added only the photoplogs admin options i wanted and these are: "Category Manager", "Moderate Files", "Moderate Comments". So heres what i do...
Go to ACP -> Plugins & Products -> Add New Plugin
at the Product select "PhotoPlog"
at the Hook Location select "mod_index_navigation"
at the Title write "Modarators Menu"
at the Execution Order live it as is "5"
and then at the Plugin PHP Code copy past the following code...
PHP Code:

Plugin PHP Code 

if ($canmoderate
    {

construct_nav_option($vbphrase['photoplog_category_manager'], './photoplog_category.php?do=modify');

construct_nav_option($vbphrase['photoplog_moderate_files'], './photoplog_file.php?do=modify');

construct_nav_option($vbphrase['photoplog_moderate_comments'], './photoplog_comment.php?do=modify');

construct_nav_group($vbphrase['photoplog_photoplog']);

construct_nav_spacer();
    } 

Then open an ftp client and COPY the 3 photoplog files (photoplog_category.php, photoplog_file.php, photoplog_comment.php) from the admincp folder to the modcp folder.
After you do that you have to edit the 3 NEW files from the MODCP.
Go to line 29-30 (to all of them) and change the
Code:

if (!can_administer('canadminforums'))
{

into
Code:

//if (!can_administer('canadminforums'))
if (!can_moderate(0, 'canmoderateposts'))
{

after that there is olso one more thing to change....
go to the photoplog folder and edit the settings.php file.
Go to line 173 and change the
Code:

if (can_administer('canadminforums'))
{

into
Code:

//if (can_administer('canadminforums'))
if (can_moderate(0, 'canmoderateposts'))
{

Morgan 08-30-2006 02:53 AM

Glad you have it working. :)

bigrossco 06-28-2007 03:57 PM

can i add a fix :) (the fix simply adds // to plugin php code, as if you dont you will get an error

for the code

Code:

Plugin PHP Code
    if ($canmoderate)
    {
        construct_nav_option($vbphrase['photoplog_category_manager'], './photoplog_category.php?do=modify');
        construct_nav_option($vbphrase['photoplog_moderate_files'], './photoplog_file.php?do=modify');
        construct_nav_option($vbphrase['photoplog_moderate_comments'], './photoplog_comment.php?do=modify');
        construct_nav_spacer();
    }

use:

Code:

//Plugin PHP Code
    if ($canmoderate)
    {
        construct_nav_option($vbphrase['photoplog_category_manager'], './photoplog_category.php?do=modify');
        construct_nav_option($vbphrase['photoplog_moderate_files'], './photoplog_file.php?do=modify');
        construct_nav_option($vbphrase['photoplog_moderate_comments'], './photoplog_comment.php?do=modify');
        construct_nav_spacer();
    }

Pinten 08-24-2007 01:40 AM

To get this to work in version 2.1.4.6 i had to change action in the plugin code from "modify" to "moderate", like this:

PHP Code:

//Plugin PHP Code 

if ($canmoderate
    {

construct_nav_option($vbphrase['photoplog_category_manager'], './photoplog_category.php?do=moderate');

construct_nav_option($vbphrase['photoplog_moderate_files'], './photoplog_file.php?do=moderate');

construct_nav_option($vbphrase['photoplog_moderate_comments'], './photoplog_comment.php?do=moderate');

construct_nav_spacer();
    } 

IMHO this should be added to the standard release.

shipfriends 09-11-2007 09:45 AM

did the above and on the modcp I get the frame to load but instead of giving me any files in the queue or the msg "nothing to moderate" i get nothing.

What could be the problem?

allstar 12-20-2007 10:10 AM

Is it now in the new pro version?

Morgan 12-20-2007 04:12 PM

Allowing others to use inline moderation to approve/unapprove files and comments is slated for pro v.2.1.5.