View Single Post
Old 11-08-2006, 07:19 PM
Orange Plog

Gallery: 10
Comments: 2

That's an damn good idea. Let's start...
  • ACP Options...
  • Internal Backup Function (I believe it's one of the most impartant things to prevent any data loss!!!)
Morgan says: vB database backup option available at ACP -> Maintenance -> Database Backup
  • Selectable Pics (Should be good for Mass/Mov Deletings)
Morgan says: not sure of the feasibility with a large gallery and limited screen space
  • Database Options...
  • Purge old saved Images
Morgan says: can be done with Mass Move/Delete or individually when viewing file
  • Check for missing thumbnails and re-create them
Morgan says: not sure of the extra benefit over Rebuild Thumbnails option
  • Rescan photos & save EXIF Header information
Morgan says: 'Make use of EXIF information' added to list
  • Scan for duplicate entries
Morgan says: not sure on this, could be difficult to determine true duplicates
  • Custom Fields...
  • Searchable Custom Fields (Right now our custom fields being not supported in the PhotoPlog search function)
Morgan says: custom fields are automatically searched since pro v.2.1.2
  • PhotoPlog Lists...
  • Members Gallery List
Morgan says: 'Integrate with vB member list' added to list
  • Miscellaneous
  • Own Pic Fav's
Morgan says: users can add favorites to albums since pro v.2.1.2
  • Compress Pics
Morgan says: 'JPG Thumb Quality' setting available, GIF and PNG default to GD/PHP

Sounds good? Hmm I think for the time being I should stop here. I have more of them. So I thought to post the most important things. I did not tell ya my ideas of options of stored pics. You'd be surprised. If I'd post it I believe Morgan gets a nervous breakdown (j/k) Nah, take it easy, Morgan. You can be happy to have such a great crew in your forum. Everyone loves you of your great abilities and knowledges to make your PhotoPlog better and better on each day. I know: It's easier said than done. But I'm absolute sure: You will get it! Get on with it and remember that you have the whole crew behind you -Mike