Thread: Resize photos
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2008, 03:38 PM
Green Plog

Gallery: 0
Comments: 0

For me this is the only show-stopper: That's why I won't change over to photoplog.

See: For many of my members it is the first time they ever register at a forum, and most of them don't know anything about resizing images. Many of my members are at age 50++, and I have to provide detailed step-by-step-manuals for even quite basic and straightforward functions. Although they love the fact that there is a gallery, it has to be kept simple. As one of my predecessors here put it, if they have to resize their images themselves, they will not upload. And storing x-MB-photos coming from 12M-Pixel cameras on my Server obviously won't do.

Since I'm not happy with the product I use at the moment and came to know your good work over at vbgeek I'd rather try to change over today than tomorrow. But as long as there is no option to set a maximum size (read: max dimensions!), I simply cannot.

By the way: I can see why you keep the support forums private. I don't see why you would do that for the unsupported mods forum. Why should potential customers not see what is possible by implementing user mods? I keep wondering whether there might be a mod that just does what I want - but this way, I'll never know - and never buy.

Just my 2 cents.
Greets,
cellarius