View Single Post
Old 05-02-2006, 06:07 PM
Yellow Plog

Gallery: 0
Comments: 0

I think your getting somewhat mixed up. Tyegirl has an issue with the forums search.php get new posts link.

You asked wether he means to do with new gallery pictures, which I dont think it was but went on to ask how would it be done anyway which was the basis of my reply to you.

Right click the Newest Uploads link on your photoplog navbits navigation and copy link location (Fx) or copy shortcut (IE) now yoiu have the link to show latest picture uploads which is not a =getnew anyway but simply a photoplog home sorty by date link. Now add the <a href="paste">What you want displayed</a> to where you like. Globally you may want to drop it into the navbar itself inwhich case as a navbar button you will likely want to wrap it in a table cell. The only problem here is on gallery pages you will have the same link twice unless it can be conditioned out if in the gallery, or condition on if elsewhere

To have a count in the link would require a plugin with a query that would count from when they last visited to now how mmany new images there are, and as you want it global I would say the best hook location would probably be global_start.