View Single Post
Old 12-15-2008, 02:06 PM
Orange Plog

Gallery: 2
Comments: 0
Default vB 4 Announcement: Beta in Q2 2009, includes centralized attachments

See the announcement on vB.com Specifically the feature:
Code:
Content visible to registered users only.

I think there needs to be some discussion about what this means for Photoplog? Seems to me, that this puts Photoplog in almost the same exact boat as vBlogetin was in. If vBlogetin had *moved* they would have owned the market, as vBlog totally sucked at initial release, and still does. Many folks have been looking for a better system but vBlogetin imploded and that's that.

There's a very real danger of the same thing happening here IMO. And having been through it once already I'd like to caution folks that the jelsoft system is quite likely to really miss the boat on required features to make a centralized attachment system user friendly enough to be adopted by forum users.

So... I think we need to talk about what's going to happen? We're very happy with what we've heard about Morgan's plans for the next version, and we're more than ready to help in any way possible in getting it out. But in my opinion right now is a critical decision point, either Photoplog is going to move forward NOW, or folks are going to start bailing.

So, Morgan, if you intend to go forward, what can the community do to help?

James and Susan