Screens Demo Purchase Download Register

Attention: Last reply in this thread was more than 17 Years ago

Old 08-04-2006, 06:38 AM
Green Plog

Gallery: 1
Comments: 0
Default Some link issues

I have looked around, and can not locate the issues I have at hand

My arcade. I have done all the absolute and relative links....and still can not get it to show the link properly when in photoplog
Code:
Content visible to registered users only.
I have no clue how to add this one to make it correct....
Code:
I have the rotating banner mod on my site...how do you fix it to correct the link
Code:
My relative links
Code:
my absolute
Code:

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide me.

Frank
Old 08-04-2006, 05:22 PM
Orange Plog

Gallery: 10
Comments: 2

Hi Frank,
I miss in the option Relative Links two entries...

var winobj = window.open("private.php
window.location = "private.php

Code:
Yep. The reason is that you have not made any entries in the option "Global Variables".

Reason Why
If someone installed a hack like the example below and PhotoPlog is not able to show it correct in a right way, then we have this option to enter a variable. Note: Enter a variable without the $ sign! That is very important!!!

Example Global Variables
There exists a hack called "Posts Since Last Visit". When someone has installed this hack and forgot to enter a variable "pcount" into this option, then PhotoPlog cannot display it correct. That means in this example: The complete 2nd line New Forum Threads : No New Posts disappears. So if you enter the variable "pcount" into the Global Variables, PhotoPlog will show that now in the correct way.

Code:
That's just an example to show you the PhotoPlog option "Global Variables". I guess your problem with the Arcade hack could be the cause of that option. Hope this helps -Mike
Old 08-04-2006, 06:08 PM
Green Plog

yes, and no....how do you add to the global? I mean is it like this
I want the arcade link to work from photoplog....
So should it be arcade.php with out all the ? and $
If I can get an example of how to set it up would be great.
the rotating banner and the other part of the link to work correctly......with out examples I will never get it.
Old 08-04-2006, 06:33 PM
Orange Plog

Comments: 2

Frank, I'm goin to install Arcade on my Local vB. I get back to you if I have a solution for you. Lata... -Mike
Old 08-04-2006, 10:53 PM
Orange Plog

Gallery: 2
Comments: 1

Code:
I run v3 Arcade and PhotoPlog with no problems, so rest assured it can be done!

First thing to try is the base href trick detailed here. This should solve most relative vs absolute link issues you may be having from 'plog. If it does work, you need read no further.

If for any reason that doesn't do it for you, you could simply edit your navbar link for Arcade and make it "absolute" (i.e. starting with /forumname) to get it to work right from 'plog. Just edit your navbar template, and make your Arcade link look like this:

Code:
You may need to change the /forums to whatever your forum directory is called. Likewise you may have to do the same thing to any other links to mods which reside anywhere other than in the standard forum home dir. For instance, you may have to do this to your Gallery link, so you can get to the Gallery from the Arcade.

If you don't know how to find and edit a template, just ask.

-- hugh

Last edited by cheesegrits; 08-04-2006 at 10:56 PM..
Old 08-05-2006, 05:11 AM
Green Plog

EDIT: I didn't realize you have to moderate every file that is uploaded; as well as the comments....argh, is there somewhere to turn this off? or is this something that is only available through the pro version?

I do appreciate all the help...I worked on this at work tonight, and alas I found where I made a slight error in the absolute side of the links....Thanks for the help there...now What I notice that photoplog is doing....look at the pics so you can see what I am talking about.

Last edited by hammondfra; 08-05-2006 at 05:25 AM..
Old 08-06-2006, 04:46 AM
Head Plog
Admin

Comments: 25

In the Lite version, go to the Usergroup Manager, Edit Usergroup, look for PhotoPlog Permissions, and set both "Moderate This Group's Files" and "Moderate This Group's Comments" to no.

UPDATE: If you are using a newer version of PhotoPlog, you won't find such settings as they have changed.
  • Moderate This Group's Files has been replaced with Can Upload Unmoderated Files
  • Moderate This Group's Comments has been replaced with Can Post Unmoderated Comments
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams