Attention: Last reply in this thread was more than 16 Years ago

Old 02-14-2008, 08:33 PM
Green Plog

Gallery: 2
Comments: 1
Arrow Problem Uploading Pings

Seems this is a very common error:
Sorry, Digital Jedi: Bad File - File is too Large or of the Wrong MIME Type
Except I only get it when I try to upload a Ping file. I uped the file size to see if that was it, but it sill gives me the error, even for small Pings. Any way to fix that?
Old 02-19-2008, 04:28 PM
Head Plog
Admin

Gallery: 10
Comments: 25

Check the 'gd' box on your PHP info page to see if 'PNG Support' is enabled, or shoot an email to your host and ask them. If it is enabled, it could be an image that is not recognized as a PNG image by PHP, so then use your favorite graphics program to copy-paste the image as a new PNG, save it, and try uploading that instead.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 02-21-2008, 11:43 PM
Green Plog

Hm, checked it out, and Ping Support is enabled. Problem is, I save most of my artwork as Pings, and none of them will upload, not even older files I made years ago.
Old 02-22-2008, 05:10 AM
Head Plog
Admin

Just checking, but by Ping do you mean PNG images? Try uploading one of them to the online demo and see if it is a go.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 02-23-2008, 05:45 AM
Green Plog

Yup, .png extentions.

I tried this same banner on my forum, and I get that same error message.

Code:
Content visible to registered users only.
This image is 16,038 bytes, and I have my User Group's maximum file size set to 1,048,576 bytes. Hrm, too high maybe? I really don't remember setting it that high.
Old 02-24-2008, 04:28 AM
Head Plog
Admin

Are you using commas in the Maximum File Size setting? If so, remove them and try again.
Old 02-29-2008, 05:36 AM
Green Plog

Commas, no. Sorry, didn't mean to mislead. I just added them when typing it out here.
Old 03-02-2008, 02:08 AM
Head Plog
Admin

In the PhotoPlog Lite upload.php and edit.php files try replacing this:
Code:
With the following:
Code:

Tags
.png, bad file, file is too large, ping, wrong mime type