PhotoPlog

Go Back   PhotoPlog > PhotoPlog.com > Feedback & Suggestions
Screens Demo Purchase Download Register

Attention: Last reply in this thread was more than 15 Years ago

Old 06-26-2007, 05:45 PM
Orange Plog

Gallery: 3
Comments: 1

Sounds good. Thanks for the thorough reply Morgan.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:59 PM
Orange Plog

Gallery: 2
Comments: 0
Default Holy priceless collection of Etruscan Snoods Batman!

I've finished upgrading our testbed and my first cut of tweaking/arranging the changed version on our testbed. The change that brings up thumbs in the vB search results that matched the search terms is *totally* awesome. That's going to make a HUGE difference in the perceived integration of our galleries with our forum. I've got a few tweaking question to ask, but I'll do that in a more appropriate thread. Big, BIG thumbs up from us!

James and Susan
Old 06-26-2007, 10:43 PM
Orange Plog

Hey Morgan,

Please correct me if I am wrong. I do see that only two templates have changed, but you also say that nearly every PhotoPlog PHP file has been changed as well. In the Read Me for upgrading, it says to "Revert any changed PhotoPlog templates" meaning that I would have to revert all my templates, then go and redo all the changes that I made in the previous version after uploading all the templates. That is what I am referring to as taking a long time. Are you saying that we do not have to do this when upgrading?

Thanks,

Marcos

Code:
Content visible to registered users only.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:26 AM
Head Plog
Admin

Gallery: 10
Comments: 25

Yes, the readme file does say that, as I don't track from which version any person is running an upgrade, so it says to revert all changed PhotoPlog templates in order to ensure that people receive the latest templates. However, I'll make a release thread with more specific information about the release, so check the release threads for details on what has changed since the most recent previous version.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 06-27-2007, 02:30 PM
Orange Plog

Sweet. Thanks for being so responsive to our questions!
Old 06-30-2007, 08:33 AM
Green Plog

Gallery: 0

Thanks for another update, but the mySQL version on the server that I'm hosted on is only 4.0.25 so I guess I've come up against a brick wall when wanting to upgrade now?

The chances of my provider upgrading their servers are very slim. So I guess I have to stick with the version before this one and never upgrade again.

Is there any way you can make your code compatible with the previous version?
Old 06-30-2007, 10:59 AM
Head Plog
Admin

Please check http://www.photoplog.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1353 about MySQL and upgrading.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 07-02-2007, 09:08 PM
Yellow Plog

Gallery: 0

where can i grab the upgrade files?
Old 07-03-2007, 02:53 PM
Head Plog
Admin

From this page: http://www.photoplog.com/download/index.php
Old 07-20-2007, 10:49 PM
Head Plog
Admin

This post marks the start of the PhotoPlog Pro v.2.1.4.6 discussion.

For support, create a new thread.