Screens Demo Purchase Download Register

Attention: Last reply in this thread was more than 16 Years ago

Old 02-06-2008, 04:09 AM
Green Plog

Gallery: 0
Comments: 1
Default File List for Pro version

Hello

Does the pro version have the option to display the photos as a File List (like the Lite version has http://www.photoplog.com/demo/lite/index.php?c=1

If so:

Can the description box (under the Information titles for each thumb) be expanded to show a few sentences?

And can the photos be sorted, by the number of comments (starting with the ones with fewest comments) (or is this possible to mod - idea below)?

Can the pro screen http://www.photoplog.com/demo/pro/index.php?c=3 be made to include a few sentences of description for each photo?

Can it be made sort-able by number of comments (least to most)?

On the individual photo pages, can the camera detail, and other fields be modified or left out completely? http://www.photoplog.com/demo/pro/index.php?n=383

Thanks for the help! I appreciate it!!

add: For the Sorting idea, possibly the code for the "random photo" could be modded, to simply search for fewest comments

Last edited by stopandglow; 02-06-2008 at 04:18 AM.. Reason: idea for the sorting
Old 02-06-2008, 08:51 AM
Orange Plog

Gallery: 10
Comments: 2

All question you have asked I can tell you: Yes, it works. Keep in mind that you have then to modify some PHP Files. So we have discussed a lot you your questions in that forum whereby Morgan did already posted such nice Hacks here

Code:
Content visible to registered users only.
Camera details? Do you mean the JHead EXIF functions? If so: Yes!

I can read that you still use the Lite Version? Hmm then it's time to get the Pro Version. The Pro Version does contain tons of better features than the Lite one and is still the better decision. Always! The support is more than excellent and I can recommend you that great Product
Code:
A convinced and true customer since any years
Old 02-06-2008, 05:01 PM
Green Plog

That's great to hear. Are those mods already done even? Automatic sorting by number of comments (least, first) is what I need the most. (I can't view the Pro mod threads to see what's been done already).

I'm setting up a site on prayer and healing, and this program and the mods will really help.

Another question is if the brand-free can be purchased at a later time?

And are there any mods (or regular settings) to allow photoplog to do this..
http://www.3dserver.net/gallery2/ind...FloatingItems/

(interesting signature quote you have
Old 02-07-2008, 05:10 PM
Head Plog
Admin

Comments: 25

With pro you can choose between block format (as shown in the pro demo) or list format (similar to what is shown in the lite demo). More sentences in the description box would require code edits. Descriptions only appear in list format. The sort options are as follows: Newest Uploads, Most Viewings, Highest Ratings, Most Comments, Newest Comments. If you want least comments, code edits would be needed. Including EXIF information is optional. The brand free option can be purchased at a later time. Not sure what 'Floating Items' means, but probably not without code and/or template edits. Please note that individual customizations are not offered.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 02-07-2008, 06:22 PM
Green Plog

Thank you for the info.

"Floating" (the link) is a page with a solid grid pattern of the photos
Code:
How much coding knowledge is needed to modify the sorting by least comments, and to increase the space of the description box? I know there's no support for mods, but I'm asking because I can't see the Pro mods page, so maybe you have a guess if those mods are easy to do? Any hints would be appreciated.
Old 02-08-2008, 07:04 PM
Head Plog
Admin

Comments: 25

If you go to Most Comments and then to the last page, you'd be at least comments, so it might be a simple ORDER BY change, or it might take something more. Description might by a simple change too, or it again might take something more. Unless I do it, I cannot give an answer with 100% certainty. As for 'floating' that would require template edits at a minimum. IIRC there are no such mods available in the pro modification forum.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams