Go Back   PhotoPlog > PhotoPlog Lite > "How Do I..." Questions
Screens Demo Purchase Download Register

Attention: Last reply in this thread was more than 16 Years ago

Old 06-19-2007, 11:59 PM
Green Plog

Gallery: 0
Comments: 0
Default Unable to Enter Comments and Formatting Problems

First of all, thanks for such an amazing product! It is a great addition to my forum, and once I fix a few things, I am sure it will be even better!

Here are my two main problems:

1) I was not able to add any comments to my pictures. However, once I disabled vbspell, I was finally able to do so. However, I am not able to do any kind of formatting, and if I touch any of the buttons on the toolbar, nothing happens at all (if you have a suggestion on how I can have vbspell and the gallery on at the same time it would be greatly appreciated.

2) Even if I disable the vbspell product, I get the following message when I try to submit the comment:

Code:
Content visible to registered users only.
Please note that the message is far longer than only five characters.

Could you help me fix these two problems!

Thanks!
Old 06-20-2007, 04:42 AM
Head Plog
Admin

Gallery: 10
Comments: 25

Not sure I can add more to what has been posted about the 'too short' message on vBcom here. One thing you can try is the online demo. If you don't get the 'too short' message from the demo, then it might be another modification or perhaps a language pack you have installed. Another thing you could do is try to turn the toolbar off when in PhotoPlog by adding this untested plugin to the editor_wysiwyg_compatible hook:
Code:
Content visible to registered users only.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 06-27-2007, 01:14 PM
Green Plog

Gallery: 0
Comments: 0

Morgan,

Here is what I have found out. When I go to usercp and change my editor to standard, I can post comments without any problems. If I also change it to WYSIWYG editor using the toolbar in the message interface, I can still post the comments, although it locks the toolbar and I can no longer go back to standard unless I refresh the page. Now here is the kicker... When I go to usercp and I make WYSIWYG editor my default editor, I get the "too short" message no matter what I do, so there is an obvious link to what editor is set as default and the error message.

I am going to try that code, but could you tell me where I can find the editor_wysiwyg_compatible hook? Thanks!

PS: I am having a horribly hard time logging in to your site. Everytime I need to post something, I have to reset my password. Otherwise, it gives me a "thank you for logging in" message but never truly logs me in.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:22 PM
Head Plog
Admin

Gallery: 10
Comments: 25

To add a plugin go to the vB ACP -> Plugins & Products -> Add New Plugin and look for editor_wysiwyg_compatible in the Hook Location drop down menu.

To see if there is a conflict with PhotoPlog and another modification, turn off all modifications except PhotoPlog, and check to see if the editor works. If it does work, start turning on the other modifications one by one, each time testing the editor. Also, take into account that some modifications require file/template edits or additions that could include JavaScript and might conflict with the editor.

Not sure about the logging in thing. Try deleting the PhotoPlog cookies from your browser if it continues, and then do a fresh login.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams