Go Back   PhotoPlog > PhotoPlog Lite > "How Do I..." Questions
Screens Demo Purchase Download Register

Attention: Last reply in this thread was more than 18 Years ago

Old 03-01-2006, 05:39 AM
Yellow Plog

Gallery: 0
Comments: 0
Default moderate files, and seeing the config.php file

I can not in the admincp see the link "moderate files" or get into the config.php file located within fourthirdsphoto.com/photoplog
What do I need to do, what are the file permissions?
Thanks
Tony

Last edited by tspore; 03-01-2006 at 05:41 AM..
Old 03-01-2006, 05:46 AM
Head Plog
Admin

Gallery: 10
Comments: 25

There isn't a way to see the PhotoPlog config file via the vB ACP. You'd need to edit the PhotoPlog config file on your local machine and then FTP it to your server. If you are not seeing the 'Moderate Files' link in the PhotoPlog group shown in the vB ACP, then try FTPing all the PhotoPlog files over to your server, overwriting the old PhotoPlog files.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 03-01-2006, 06:05 AM
Yellow Plog

Code:
Content visible to registered users only.
I have modified the config file to read my forum's website. So that is done.
I uploaded over all the files the files in the folder. I still cannot see the files.
Lastly I think I have a error accessing the photoplog directory.
http://fourthirdsphoto.com/photoplog
So what should i do now?
Old 03-01-2006, 06:14 AM
Head Plog
Admin

Both fourthirdsphoto.com and fourthirdsphoto.com/photoplog currently show the same content on screen, so it seems that you have something, such as an htaccess file, redirecting PhotoPlog back to the main index page for your site.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 03-01-2006, 06:35 AM
Yellow Plog

Code:
I changed the htaccess file so it won't rewrite to the home page. It says its a 500 internal server error. so I don't know what to do.
For the moderate comments file I get a 404 file.
Thanks for the quick reply.
If we get this working I will forsure upgrade to the pro version I appreciate it a lot.
Old 03-01-2006, 03:27 PM
Head Plog
Admin

The 500 internal server error might be from a mistake in the htaccess file. Try temporarily renaming .htaccess to .htaccess_temp and see if the error goes away. For the 404 not found error, are the following files located in your /forum/admincp directory? What happens if you call /forum/admincp/photoplog_comment.php from your browser?
Code:
Old 03-01-2006, 03:38 PM
Yellow Plog

I disabled the htaccess file:
and for the comment.php, it works.

But if I type in fourthirdsphoto.com/photoplog/index.php
I get a 404 error.
Old 03-01-2006, 04:16 PM
Head Plog
Admin

The fourthirdsphoto.com/photoplog link looks to still be redirecting back to your main site page. Is the /photoplog directory in web root on your server?
Old 03-01-2006, 04:37 PM
Yellow Plog

When I change the .htaccess page, it screws up all the content, on the site. But I will leave it renamed for the time being.
the url for photoplog is:
http://fourthirdsphoto.com/photoplog

So after you look let me know so I can rename the htaccess thanks
Tony
Old 03-01-2006, 05:00 PM
Head Plog
Admin

Code:
This is all a 500 internal server error message. The 404 not found bit you see is that there isn't an error document in place: it's not a 404 PhotoPlog is not found. PhotoPlog is not reached, perhaps because of the htaccess file, but your server error logs may provide a clue. You'll probably need to edit the htaccess file so it doesn't redirect PhotoPlog requests.