Screens Demo Purchase Download Register

Attention: Last reply in this thread was more than 16 Years ago

Old 03-06-2008, 03:12 AM
Green Plog

Gallery: 0
Comments: 0
Default Blank page on upload.

Hi Guys,

I have recently switched servers on my vbulletin forum, but now my photoplog doesn't work.

I updated the config file with the correct path using the whatismypath.php solution at the top of this forum.

My users can view the photos fine, and comment on them etc but as soon as they try and upload, it just goes to a blank white page. I have tried reuploading upload.php but I am still getting the blank page.

Is there some sort of quick fix? As my gallery is a main feature of the forum.

Cheers
LTC
Old 03-07-2008, 03:04 AM
Head Plog
Admin

Gallery: 10
Comments: 25

Sounds like it might be a permissions issue. Check that the PhotoPlog images directory, and all subdirectories within the PhotoPlog images directory, have 777 permissions. On a *nix server, to set 777 permissions in one go via hell, cd to your PhotoPlog images directory, and then type the following:
Code:
Content visible to registered users only.
Also check that the PhotoPlog ACP settings are correct.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 03-07-2008, 10:45 PM
Green Plog

Yes I had changed the permissions correctly, still have this issue.
Old 03-08-2008, 05:47 AM
Head Plog
Admin

Maybe the files being uploaded are too big for your server to handle and you are running into a memory or timeout issue, or maybe you have safe_mode set to on whereas PhotoPlog needs safe_mode set to off to fully function. Turn display_errors on so you can see what PHP outputs rather than get a blank page.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 03-08-2008, 09:44 PM
Green Plog

Because my forum is hosted with my friend on his server, I can work closely with him as he knows what he's doing.

Safe mode is turned off. The php upload limit is 50Mb and i'm trying to upload a 32kb (25 x 25) file. He checks his serverside error logs to see if anything crops up, nothing. I turned the error log feature on in the CP, and nothing crops up and I turned the display errors on and nothing crops up.

This is really starting to tick me off, and I would just start over again but all my users will loose the photos they have uploaded.

I have double checked all config inputs, all file permissions, all ACP settings and everything is set fine. I even had my mate run over them too, and they are fine. I also re uploaded the photoplog files, but still nothing.

Cheers
LTC
Old 03-08-2008, 09:48 PM
Green Plog

Fixed the problem. He has to CHMOD 777 the entire photoplog directory. I only done the images directory and sub directories like you told me.
Old 03-09-2008, 04:51 PM
Head Plog
Admin

Only the PhotoPlog images directory, and all subdirectories within the PhotoPlog images directory, are to have 777 permissions. Other directories can be 755 permissions, and files can be 644 permissions.