Screens Demo Purchase Download Register

Attention: Last reply in this thread was more than 15 Years ago

Old 02-07-2007, 11:51 AM
Green Plog

Gallery: 0
Comments: 0
Default Resize photos

Hello -

Will PhotoPlog resize user uploads? Run it through a class that will for example resize a 1024x768 photo to the size selected in the PP control panel?

bw
Old 02-07-2007, 11:18 PM
Head Plog
Admin

Gallery: 10
Comments: 25

You can set the Large Thumb Size, Medium Thumb Size, and Small Thumb Size in the PhotoPlog Settings. You can also set the Maximum File Size via the Usergroup Manager. PhotoPlog saves the original file as well as its three thumbs. If you want to rebuild thumbs, that can be done with PhotoPlog Maintenance.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 02-07-2007, 11:27 PM
Green Plog

Hi Morgan -

That's not exactly what I mean.

I mean instead of PhotoPlog complaining about the size of the image e.g.

"Sorry, Forum Admin: Bad File - File is too Large"

It would just use one of the classes that automatically resizes the image to an acceptable size. This would make things so much simpler for users.

bw
Old 02-07-2007, 11:42 PM
Head Plog
Admin

The 'File is too Large' message is based on file size in bytes, not file width/height dimensions. This is the 'Maximum File Size' setting found via the Usergroup Manager, where you can set it to empty or 0 to allow 'unlimited' size, constrained by what your server will allow.

There are no plans to add a function to reduce the byte size of an uploaded file. Sorry.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 02-08-2007, 11:23 AM
Green Plog

Hello again. Thanks for the quick answers.

When it resizes the height and width dimensions, how does it do this?

1. Does it edit the actual file to change the dimensions?
2. Does it change the dpi?

or -

Does it leave the file alone and merely change the size that is shown?

Thanks again. Regardless of your answers, this is a nice script you've created.
Old 02-09-2007, 02:43 AM
Head Plog
Admin

PhotoPlog uploads the original file, and from that it creates a large, medium, and small thumbnail. Only minithumbs are shrunk via CSS in templates to change the size shown on screen.
Old 02-11-2007, 12:17 PM
Green Plog

thanks morgan
Old 06-19-2007, 03:53 PM
Green Plog

Morgan, is there anyway to auto resize the picture so that when I click it and it loads the original picture it is a certain size?
Old 06-19-2007, 04:06 PM
Head Plog
Admin

No, PhotoPlog uploads the original file, and from that it creates a large, medium, and small thumbnail.
Old 12-23-2007, 01:14 PM
Green Plog

I would add my own vote for an automatic resizing function. I just installed Pro and ran into the "sorry, file too large" message immediately. I do not want my users storing 8mp photos but if they have to go to another program to resize they simply will not post. Great product otherwise.

Thanks.

Tags
resize, upload