Go Back   PhotoPlog > PhotoPlog.com > Feedback & Suggestions
Screens Demo Purchase Download Register

Attention: Last reply in this thread was more than 17 Years ago

Old 09-30-2006, 08:40 PM
Yellow Plog

Gallery: 0
Comments: 1
Default EXIF feature suggestion

I'm greatly enjoying Photoplog so far- it's by far the best photo gallery for vB out there! However, I think that the addition of the feature below would make it appeal to webmasters running professional-photography websites.

It would be really nice to see an EXIF reader in the next major release of PhotoPlog. The image's vital EXIF data (if available, including shutter speed, aperture, and focal lengths) should be read and posted along with all the other fields on the image display page, and the system should be automated so that the EXIF fields are only added if the data is present within the image. I've seen the Coppermine gallery post exif data, so it should also be possible in PhotoPlog.

Also, photo ratings should not be linked with comments, IMO. There should be an option that lets you separate comments from ratings.

Last edited by Moman; 09-30-2006 at 08:43 PM..
Old 10-01-2006, 03:22 AM
Head Plog
Admin

Gallery: 10
Comments: 25

Thanks for the feedback.

Not sure about including EXIF fields, as those fields can be set in the pro version by way of the custom fields. The ability to vote without commenting will be included in the next release, release date undetermined at this point. If interested, there is a list in this post of things to come in the next version.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 10-01-2006, 03:51 AM
Yellow Plog

Gallery: 0
Comments: 1

Hi Morgan,

Thanks for the reply

The advantage with EXIF is that it would be automated, and info such as camera, shutter speed, and aperture could be displayed without troubling the user. This has been suggested many times over by people on my site, as they love looking at photo technique

I'm looking forward to 2.1.2
Old 10-01-2006, 04:16 AM
Head Plog
Admin

Gallery: 10
Comments: 25

Ah, good point about EXIF. Not sure I'll get it in for pro v.2.1.2 but maybe for another future release.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams