Screens Demo Purchase Download Register

Attention: Last reply in this thread was more than 16 Years ago

Old 07-05-2007, 03:11 AM
Green Plog

Gallery: 0
Comments: 0
Default Transfered Servers, No More Images

Hello,

I just recently transfered a few of my websites to a new server. When I did, I checked Photoplog and it works perfectly fine but the uploaded images are no longer showing - no thumbnails, no actual size images etc.

Now I tried uninstalling/installing the product file for my other site (I have two sites running Photoplog), it worked but at the cost of all my uploaded images!

I want to fix the problem on my other site but I dont want to lose all my images as well by doing the uninstall/install method.

So is there any way to make the thumbnails show again without having to reinstall on the new server?

Last edited by Strafe; 07-05-2007 at 03:16 AM..
Old 07-05-2007, 03:15 AM
Head Plog
Admin

Gallery: 10
Comments: 25

PhotoPlog automatically creates 777 permissions as needed, but when you moved servers and FTPed the PhotoPlog images directory and its contents, it is unlikely that you gave the directories their 777 permissions. On a *nix server, to set 777 permissions in one go via hell, cd to your PhotoPlog images directory, and then type the following:
Code:
Content visible to registered users only.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 07-05-2007, 03:22 AM
Green Plog

Wow, fast response. I just checked the permissions and it is set to 777.

Here is the forum currently not showing images: http://www.luniafan.com/forums/photoplog

The one I managed to fix by reinstalling: http://www.fiestafan.com/forums/photoplog
Old 07-05-2007, 03:25 AM
Head Plog
Admin

You need to have 777 permissions on the PhotoPlog images directory, and all subdirectories within the PhotoPlog images directory. When you FTPed the PhotoPlog images directory and its contents, the permissions were likely set to the server defaults so you need to check all subdirectories too.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 07-05-2007, 03:41 AM
Green Plog

Yep, all folders under images are set to 777 as well.
Old 07-05-2007, 03:55 AM
Head Plog
Admin

Check that the image files have 644 permissions, that PHP safe mode is off, and that GD2 is installed. Also, call an image directly from your browser, i.e., http://www.luniafan.com/forums/photoplog/images/1/small/whatever.jpg, and see what shows on screen. As guests cannot view the gallery, I cannot call any images as I cannot see the links.
Old 07-05-2007, 04:04 AM
Green Plog

Yes, I can access a direct link. Here, have a look at one of my images: http://www.luniafan.com/forums/photo...mall/1_ss1.jpg

GD2 should be installed and safe mode should be off since my other forum is working fine now - although I had to start that one from scratch. Hope we can avoid that for this one.
Old 07-05-2007, 04:10 AM
Head Plog
Admin

Go to http://www.luniafan.com/forums/photo...es/1/1_ss1.jpg and note the 403 Forbidden message. That is usually indicative of incorrect permissions. Recheck both the /images directory and the /1 directory for 777 permissions, and also check the /images/1/1_ss1.jpg file itself for 644 permissions.
Old 07-05-2007, 04:13 AM
Green Plog

Yes, they are both 777. And I can access http://www.luniafan.com/forums/photo...mall/1_ss1.jpg just fine.
Old 07-05-2007, 04:39 AM
Head Plog
Admin

Click me. What do you see?