Go Back   PhotoPlog > PhotoPlog Lite > Troubleshooting & Problems
Screens Demo Purchase Download Register

Attention: Last reply in this thread was more than 18 Years ago

Old 02-21-2006, 01:52 PM
Green Plog

Gallery: 0
Comments: 0
Default Posting Images Problem

When myself or my members upload the pictures, it goes fine..
We've attempted to use the IMG BBCode provided to link to the pictures, and its a broken image..

When I got the file properties, I saw this:
http://www.1337cnt.com/photoplog/images/3<b>*%20Agent%20Banksdium/1_untitled.JPG

The 3 after /images/ is the directory the real image is stored in. Agent Banks is the username who posted the picture.

All in all, it seems this is being added when I link to the picture with the given IMG code:

<b>*%20Agent%20Banksdium

Obviously, replace the 'Agent Banks' with the username of the posting member.

Any help is appreciated.
Old 02-21-2006, 02:07 PM
Head Plog
Admin

Gallery: 10
Comments: 25

Edit your /me plugin, changing:
Code:
Content visible to registered users only.
To the following:
Code:
Or ask the /me author to account for things like /medium in post text, and then rebuild post cache if needed.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 02-21-2006, 02:20 PM
Green Plog

I tried disabling the product all together, to no avail.
I then rebuilt the post cache, and still no avail..

I can link to any other image, anywhere, with no problem.. except for images from the photoplog.

I'm linking directly to the image, using the full URL as well.

After *uninstalling* the product, the actual link remains to be: http://1337cnt.com/photoplog/images/3<b>*%20Agent%20Banksdium/1_untitled.JPG

Last edited by bahawolf; 02-21-2006 at 02:23 PM..
Old 02-21-2006, 02:55 PM
Head Plog
Admin

It's coming from the /me mod:
Code:
The /me in /medium is being replaced:
Code:
What is your Cached Posts Lifespan?
(vB Options -> Server Settings and Optimization Options)

How old are the affected posts?
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 02-21-2006, 09:41 PM
Green Plog

7 days is the cache setting..
The posts are 2 days old.. I'll try changing it to see.

EDIT: I've changed it to 1.. rebuilt.. no luck. Changed to 0.. no luck. Same link. Checked in plugin manager for scarce bits, no luck.

Last edited by bahawolf; 02-21-2006 at 09:49 PM..
Old 02-21-2006, 09:46 PM
Head Plog
Admin

I'm not sure if I'm looking at the same /me mod you have/had installed. If there aren't a lot of affected posts, it might be easier to just edit the posts, replacing, if present:
Code:
With the following:
Code:
And make sure to be rid of any trailing </b> bit too, if present.
Old 02-22-2006, 02:13 AM
Green Plog

Sorry, those both say 'Content visible to registered users only.', even though I'm logged in.
Old 02-22-2006, 02:18 AM
Head Plog
Admin

Oops, cache thing, see it now?
Old 02-22-2006, 03:16 AM
Green Plog

In the post, when I edit it, it says:
Code:
But I believe its just being changed somewhere, to have the output of what I showed you earlier.

Last edited by bahawolf; 02-22-2006 at 03:32 AM..
Old 02-22-2006, 03:45 AM
Head Plog
Admin

Try editing it, but do an 'advanced edit' and just save it. Does it stick or does it still /me the link? If so, try replacing /medium with /large to be rid of the /me effects, but note that the large image will show, not the medium image. Unfortunately, I don't see why the link is still affected by the /me mod given it's uninstalled.