PhotoPlog

Go Back   PhotoPlog > PhotoPlog Pro > Pre-Sale Questions
Screens Demo Purchase Download Register

Attention: Last reply in this thread was more than 15 Years ago

Old 01-27-2008, 05:48 PM
Green Plog

Gallery: 1
Comments: 0

Although this product is great and I'm very happy with its current features I think ''resize original'' would be a very nice adition!!
Old 03-06-2008, 03:38 PM
Green Plog

Gallery: 0

For me this is the only show-stopper: That's why I won't change over to photoplog.

See: For many of my members it is the first time they ever register at a forum, and most of them don't know anything about resizing images. Many of my members are at age 50++, and I have to provide detailed step-by-step-manuals for even quite basic and straightforward functions. Although they love the fact that there is a gallery, it has to be kept simple. As one of my predecessors here put it, if they have to resize their images themselves, they will not upload. And storing x-MB-photos coming from 12M-Pixel cameras on my Server obviously won't do.

Since I'm not happy with the product I use at the moment and came to know your good work over at vbgeek I'd rather try to change over today than tomorrow. But as long as there is no option to set a maximum size (read: max dimensions!), I simply cannot.

By the way: I can see why you keep the support forums private. I don't see why you would do that for the unsupported mods forum. Why should potential customers not see what is possible by implementing user mods? I keep wondering whether there might be a mod that just does what I want - but this way, I'll never know - and never buy.

Just my 2 cents.
Greets,
cellarius
Old 07-19-2008, 05:13 AM
Green Plog

Hi Morgan, first of all I''m very happy whit the gallery.
Any plan to implement that ''resize orginal'' feature?? Many of my users are teenagers that generally uploads a lot of low quality-big file size photos and that function would be very very nice. Thanks!!
Old 07-19-2008, 02:16 PM
Head Plog
Admin

Gallery: 10
Comments: 25

Yes, some sort of resize original option will be in a future pro version.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 08-05-2008, 05:05 PM
Green Plog

Perfect! thanks for your reply!
Old 11-29-2008, 08:06 AM
Green Plog

Hi Morgan, any chance of a new version soon?? Thanks!
Old 12-02-2008, 02:13 AM
Head Plog
Admin

No date is set but you might be interested in this.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 12-10-2008, 04:02 PM
Green Plog

Code:
Content visible to registered users only.
And as I said a ew posts before:

"By the way: I can see why you keep the support forums private. I don't see why you would do that for the unsupported mods forum. Why should potential customers not see what is possible by implementing user mods? I keep wondering whether there might be a mod that just does what I want - but this way, I'll never know - and never buy."

Perhaps someone might be so kind as to tell me what secret can be found there. Yes, I'm still monitoring photoplog and it's development. But I find it more and more frustrating, for the reasons given above.
Old 12-10-2008, 05:51 PM
Head Plog
Admin

The pro forums are accessible to those with an active pro subscription. This provides a way to offer pro support, helps stop unauthorized redistribution, prevents lite users from trying to add changes only meant for the pro version, and besides, what you would be purchasing (if you purchase) is a pro license, not anything from the hacks and modifications forum nor code posted in the other pro forums. If you have a question about whether a particular pro feature or modification exists, that is a good question for the pre-sales forum here.
Old 12-19-2008, 01:07 PM
Green Plog

Code:
how that would be related escapes me. Simply don't answer questions form people without a licence. Or: Don't let people without licence post in these forums. I still cannot see why reading would be a problem.
Code:
Not really.
Code:
Don't take your users for too stupid. In my case, it prevents me from buying.
Code:
And just don't take me to be stupid. I do know what I would buy. I just would like to know beforehand what problems exist and what is possible to do. I just don't understand the need for this secrecy. Your support is good, I know this from over at vbgeek. There's nothing to hide there, I'm sure.

I just believe in informed decisions. And for me this would include reading in the forums you keep closed. That's where I see what might be possible and what not, and that's where I catch some ideas.

As for asking in this pre-sale forum: that's just where we are. Someone asked about the Resize feature right here. What help is it asking here, when your answer is a link to a thread one cannot read?
Code:
But I see that our philosophies don't match here. I would not have bothered to answer anymore were it not for your product that I find highly attractive and would gladly buy if it was to meet my needs.

Tags
resize, upload