Go Back   PhotoPlog > PhotoPlog Lite > Troubleshooting & Problems
Screens Demo Purchase Download Register

Attention: Last reply in this thread was more than 16 Years ago

Old 06-08-2007, 08:19 AM
Green Plog

Gallery: 0
Comments: 0
Default Categories not working

HI. I was wondering why I cant get categories to work? They show up fine, but when I click on the links, it takes me to the same page no matter what category I click, even if I click a subcategory, it just takes me to the same page with a File List that includes all pics from every category. NOt good!

Must be a problem with the way they are set up in the ACP? I cant figure it out.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:43 PM
Head Plog
Admin

Gallery: 10
Comments: 25

Check whether you have any changed PhotoPlog templates, and if so, revert them.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 06-08-2007, 05:57 PM
Green Plog

I checked Default Style and it still doesnt work. Here's some screenshots...

Index of photoplog...

Code:
Content visible to registered users only.
So I clicked the Category "Striped Bass", and it just takes me to this...

Code:
It's like the Categories photos arent showing, just the File List at the bottom is.

I dont get it.
Old 06-09-2007, 12:40 AM
Head Plog
Admin

Try going to the Category Manager, and for each category, click the Edit link and then the Save button. Also check that the Display Order for the categories is not zero, and if you have any changed PhotoPlog templates, then revert them. The demo does not have two letter bars, unless I missed something, so it seems that there was an edit.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 06-14-2007, 04:32 AM
Green Plog

I will try to reinstall. Thanks for your help, I tried the above and couldnt get any changes. It's the weirdest thing! lol

I will update with any progress, etc.
Old 06-14-2007, 05:40 AM
Green Plog

OK so I reinstalled, and the 2 letter bars showed up again. I managed to remove the top one by removing the following code from the top of the photoplog_file_list...
Code:
So now I only have 1 letter bar where it belongs, under Member Uploads, but the categories still dont work. If I click a subcategory, it just takes me to the same page with the same pics. There are no seperate categories. Very weird.
Old 06-14-2007, 05:43 AM
Head Plog
Admin

Does it happen on the online demo? Do you have any htaccess file that could be affecting the links, i.e., redirection of some sort? If you're not sure, temporarily disable any htaccess file, and try again. Also, do you have any plugin that uses c before PhotoPlog uses that letter in a query string? If so, you might be running into a conflict between modifications. If you're not familiar with the various code, try temporarily disabling certain modifications and see whether that has any effect on what category files you see.
Old 06-14-2007, 08:16 PM
Green Plog

Online demo works fine for me. Seems like I cant even get seperate Categories on mine, nevermind sub-cats. I created 2 different cats, clicking each link shows me all pics, they are not seperated into the proper category. Very frustrating.

I will disable some products and see what happens.
Old 06-14-2007, 08:27 PM
Green Plog

I have no .htaccess.

But I just found out the problem.........I had installed vbDrupal to fool around with a few weeks ago, and didnt really do anything with it. So I in the Products list and disabling my Products one at a time. Well I disabled the drupal and low and behold my cats work now. Phew.....

So it looks like there is a prob somewhere with drupal and photoplog lite.
Old 06-14-2007, 08:39 PM
Head Plog
Admin

Glad you found the issue. I don't use vbDrupal so can't say for certain, but PhotoPlog uses c and vbDrupal may use c and once c is set, it probably isn't reset, so PhotoPlog doesn't understand whatever vbDrupal has as a value.