Screens Demo Purchase Download Register

Attention: Last reply in this thread was more than 14 Years ago

Old 09-18-2009, 08:57 PM
Green Plog

Gallery: 0
Comments: 0
Default Blank page after upgrading vBulletin

Hi Morgan,

I have Photoplog Pro 2.1.4.8 installed on my forums. I recently upgraded vBulletin to 3.8.4 from 3.8.2 and the gallery no longer works. I've uninstalled / reinstalled several times now and it just gives me a blank page 500 error on IE8 and blank page on Firefox.

I've checked all the paths and they're exactly the same as they were before I upgraded and none of the other mods are broken.

Checking my forum error log file I get the following two errors every time I try to access the gallery.

Code:
Content visible to registered users only.
Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Renada
Old 09-23-2009, 03:39 PM
Head Plog
Admin

Gallery: 10
Comments: 25

Try checking the PhotoPlog config.php file: http://www.photoplog.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1725
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 09-23-2009, 04:03 PM
Green Plog

Code:
Yes, have already checked that and I still get the white page. It's very strange since it was working perfectly but stopped after upgrading vBulletin.

I've even tried turning off every other plugin I have in case one was now interfering with the gallery and that didn't work either.

Quite frankly I'm baffled and am hoping you have a magical answer somewhere

Regards,
Renada
Old 09-23-2009, 04:25 PM
Head Plog
Admin

When there is no error message, just a blank page, there is no clue for me to determine whether this is a PhotoPlog problem or a problem related to another modification. Here are some things to try if you receive another blank page:
  • Add a plugin to the photoplog_upload_start hook with the following code and see if an error message shows on screen (how to add a plugin):
    Code:
  • Have your host set display_errors to on in the php.ini file.
  • Temporarily disable all modifications except PhotoPlog and see if the problem goes away.
  • Check your server error log for error messages.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 09-25-2009, 02:17 PM
Green Plog

Code:
Hi Morgan,

I've really no idea what's going on here. The gallery worked flawlessly until I upgraded to vBulletin 3.8.4.

This is what I've tried so far:

1) checked the config file
2) checked the gallery paths
3) switched off all plugins, uninstalled and reinstalled
4) added the plugin you suggested which gives this error:

Code:
5) What DOES show up are the thumbnails on forum home if I put $photoplog[thumbnails] in the template.

I'm quite happy to give you ftp and admin access if you think you could figure out what went wrong here.

Regards,
Renada
Old 10-01-2009, 04:36 PM
Head Plog
Admin

Did you delete the vbulletin_textedit.js file from inside the PhotoPlog /images directory if present? Do NOT delete the vbulletin_textedit.js file inside the vB /clientscript directory. If that doesn't work, try asking your host if they can tell what is going on. A 500 Internal Server Error gives me no clue as to the problem, especially as there are others out there running both scripts without that error.