Go Back   PhotoPlog > PhotoPlog.com > Feedback & Suggestions
Screens Demo Purchase Download Register

Attention: Last reply in this thread was more than 17 Years ago

Old 07-31-2006, 10:58 AM
Orange Plog

Gallery: 10
Comments: 2
Lightbulb Feature Addons

The time has come to say, that PhotoPlog is now more than just a gallery. I love that program so much and I think we need in the feature some more options. How does it sound to have functions like...

1. To have a build-in feature (Preferably in the ACP Settings] like the well known Favorites like our IE? Say... "My Best Pics"? Almost the same like My Best Threads hack on vB org.

An option in ACP => PhotoPlog Settings. Say...

Do you want do show your fav's pics in the Memberinfo?.... [X]Yes [ ] No
If 'Yes' how should they appear?..................................... [ ] Random [X] Selected
If 'Selected' what pics do you want to show?..................... [DropDown Pics Menu]

2. Letterbar Search
When a forum does have more members whose first letter starts with "M" (like in my forum where we have 4 Mike's and Michaels) we need a small popup windows what appears, when a letter pressed. So then we can choose the right name from. Know what I mean?

Example: If you are going to send a PM and you don't know its name, you just need to enter the first 3 letters. After a small popup windows appears...

Code:
Content visible to registered users only.
That should be almost the same in PhotoPlog. It could be better when the PhotoPlog search.php file is extended to allow for more search options.

2. Select & Delete Pictures
Would be a great idea to select pictures and delete them at once.

3. Random Display
What about an additional option in the ACP: Random Display On / Off......................... [X]Yes [ ] No

4. Slightshow Display
It has been discussed often here in that forum. What about an additional option in the ACP:

Slightshow Timer On / Off......................... [X]Yes [ ] No
If Yes enter the Delay.............................. [...] Seconds

5. Post Counter / Gallery
Would be fine to integrate the PhotoPlog Post Counter and its Gallery Counter in the vB postbit or postbit_legacy.

6. Custom Fields Searchable
I believe it has been asked here and someone had requested it. Our custom fields being not supported in the PhotoPlog search function.

7. User Selected Pictures
Wouldn't it be a good idea to let users select how he'd show his pictures in the forum? Say...
(·) Small (·) Medium (·) Large ? This option could be showed while uploading.

That's all (for the time being). But I'm sure I get more ideas -Mike
Old 08-01-2006, 11:55 AM
Head Plog
Admin

Comments: 25

Thanks for the suggestions.

The to-do list for v.2.1.2 is pretty full, but maybe some of these can be for a later release.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 08-02-2006, 11:52 AM
Yellow Plog

Gallery: 0
Comments: 0

Morgan, is it possible to post this to-do list on the forum so that we know what to expect?
Old 08-02-2006, 12:17 PM
Orange Plog

Code:
Good idea, Swami
Code:
The question is: How many pages do we need? I believe Mogans list is getting bigger and bigger on each day -Mike
Old 08-04-2006, 02:15 AM
Head Plog
Admin

Comments: 25

Maybe, I might post a list, but if you search the forums for *2.1.2* you'll get a list of pro v.2.1.2 threads.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 09-28-2006, 11:36 AM
Orange Plog

What about...
  • to have a internal Backup function? This one should backup only the most important files of the \images folder
  • Slide Show? I have the needed PHP source code. But I'm so damn stupid to build-in this one

God damn. Me and my damn limited programming vB knowledges -Mike

Last edited by MikeD; 09-28-2006 at 11:39 AM..