Go Back   PhotoPlog > PhotoPlog Lite > "How Do I..." Questions
Screens Demo Purchase Download Register

Attention: Last reply in this thread was more than 16 Years ago

Old 05-06-2007, 10:59 PM
Green Plog

Gallery: 0
Comments: 0
Default Install help

Hi,my forum is /forum.php and cmps as index.php..so a bit confused as what goes where as its all under the one domain.
I had installed it but when click on upload or search it points to www.example.com etc

Any ideas please

Peter
Old 05-06-2007, 11:12 PM
Head Plog
Admin

Gallery: 10
Comments: 25

It doesn't matter that your forum homepage is located at forum.php instead of an index.php file. Just follow the install instructions, and then go to the ACP PhotoPlog Settings and set them according to your site. There in the settings you will see 'example' so just set it to your information.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 05-06-2007, 11:27 PM
Green Plog

Gallery: 0

Brill working...how did i miss that
Old 05-20-2007, 08:51 AM
Green Plog

Gallery: 2

Code:
Content visible to registered users only.
I've just done that and all I get is a blank white screen.

Steve
Old 05-20-2007, 03:54 PM
Head Plog
Admin

Looks like the server path you set in the PhotoPlog config file is incorrect. Copy the following into a file named whatismypath.php and FTP it into your main forum directory, then call it from your browser, and it should tell you the server path:
Code:
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 05-20-2007, 05:58 PM
Green Plog

Code:
Thanks for that. Just done that and it's now loading. It goes into a login screen which is not really what I was looking for. I'm assuming that I have to put in some rights in a user group. I've been into the user group "Registered Users" and there is the photoplog options there. Any recommendations?

Steve
Old 05-20-2007, 11:00 PM
Head Plog
Admin

Yes, set the PhotoPlog permissions for each usergroup via the Usergroup Manager -> Edit Usergroup and check that the ACP PhotoPlog settings are correct.
Old 05-20-2007, 11:06 PM
Green Plog

Thumbs up

Code:
Done it. Works like a dream and have now uploaded some piccies into it. Drop by on www.divetheworld.com/photoplog and see it running. I like the look of it and I wonder if I will be upgrading to the Pro version after a short while. Thanks very much for your help.

Very best regards

Steve
Old 05-21-2007, 12:29 AM
Green Plog

Thumbs up

Code:
I've been playing now and it's working very nicely. Just one question. In the personal members galleries is it possible to have sub-categories in there? It would be nice for a member to have their gallery and then have a category of each shipwreck they had visited. Is this a facility available in the Pro version?

Steve
Old 05-21-2007, 03:29 PM
Head Plog
Admin

PhotoPlog Pro allows users to upload files into categories that are created by the forum admin, just like PhotoPlog Lite, but no, there is currently no option in PhotoPlog Pro for user-created categories.