Go Back   PhotoPlog > PhotoPlog Lite > Troubleshooting & Problems
Screens Demo Purchase Download Register

Attention: Last reply in this thread was more than 15 Years ago

Old 04-24-2008, 04:15 AM
Head Plog
Admin

Gallery: 10
Comments: 25

The query says, "Get five random items that are not in moderation." There isn't an error in the query, and assuming there are no files in moderation, the only other thing I can think of is that maybe you have a cache type add-on. The change you made looks find, and there is nothing in the code that needs to be fixed. Something else seems to be interfering with the results. One thing you can try is to run the following query in phpMyAdmin and see whether you get five results:
Code:
Content visible to registered users only.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 05-27-2008, 06:27 PM
Green Plog

Gallery: 0
Comments: 0

I had put this on the back burner, but now I'm working on it again. I got this msg when I ran the query.
Code:
Thx
Old 05-28-2008, 02:47 PM
Head Plog
Admin

Add your PhotoPlog table prefix (found in the photoplog_prefix.php file) to the photoplog_fileuploads table name and then run the query.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 06-12-2008, 09:15 PM
Green Plog

Sorry I keep coming back to this. I ran the query and it was fine. Glad to report that 5 thumbs are now showing, but sometimes they do sometimes they are completely gone.

How can I get it to constantly show images. Currently I have 10 uploaded.

Pls help. Thx for the other assistance.
Old 06-13-2008, 12:13 AM
Head Plog
Admin

The 'PhotoPlog Forum Home Thumbs' plugin is coded to avoid a full table scan, so it is possible that less that five thumbs show, especially for small galleries. You'll need to edit the plugin and remove the line in bold red, but that also removes the reduction in examined rows, so if the gallery ever gets big, you should put the line back:
Code:
Old 06-14-2008, 04:08 AM
Green Plog

Still not working with or without the line. Here's the entire code. All 5 thumbs will show at once, but if you refresh they all disappear. I do have some empty categories, but that shouldn't make a difference right? BTW the thumbs is located in the main gallery. Here a link to my site to get a better understanding PSO. Thx.

Code:
Old 06-14-2008, 10:21 AM
Head Plog
Admin

You didn't remove the variable. See the red bit in the below quote.
Code:
Old 06-15-2008, 12:40 AM
Green Plog

Thanks for the response...It's like when you take a car in to be fixed...

Code:
I did remove it, then I put it back to see if that would make a difference, but it didn't. So I have removed it again, and still it either shows or removes photos entirely. Thx for the help you're providing.

Code:
Old 06-16-2008, 04:11 AM
Head Plog
Admin

The code is fine. The only other things I can think of for you to check are as follows:
  • There are no files in moderation
  • The PhotoPlog Forum Home Thumbs plugin is active
  • The $photoplog_forumhome variable is in vB FORUMHOME template for the skin you are using
Nothing else comes to mind, so if it's not one of those things, I'm not sure what else to offer up for suggestions.
Old 06-19-2008, 02:56 AM
Green Plog

Code:
Thanks for the check. Replies to your thoughts:
1. None
2. Yes
3. The photos aren't in forumhome, I'm referring to the actual product page. Please see here. If they do happen to show, refresh your window a couple of times to see what I mean how they disappear.

BTW, this is the original vb I just changed the colors in the template itself.

Thx for the help.