Screens Demo Purchase Download Register

Attention: Last reply in this thread was more than 17 Years ago

Old 07-27-2006, 11:17 AM
Orange Plog

Gallery: 10
Comments: 2
Smile Personally Questions

Good mornin Morgan,
in the course of time since I'm a member in your forum, I noticed that your knowledge about all what has anything to do with PHP and its vB programming is damn great and very very good. May I ask you some things?

1. I'd like to know from where you got this knowledges? Is that your occupation?

I'm so curious and I'd like to make familiar and to learn more about PHP programing. I have worked many many years with TP7 (OOPS) and ASM code programing but I think these are not up to date.

2. Do you use some development PHP tools? Could you recommend me some of these? I've tried for example Easy PHP, but this one is too complex because of his own using of Apache & MySQL and this won't work with my XAMP. Then I found a freeware called PHP Desingner. Hmm, it looks very complex. Morgan: What do you think is the best to learn more of PHP? Say, for a beginner like me -Mike
Old 07-27-2006, 11:18 PM
Head Plog
Admin

Comments: 25

Not much to say really. Some time ago I got motivated enough to figure out how to make a dynamic page. I started off in Perl, making a pie chart or some such thing, then I moved to PHP, eventually bought a vB license, and started playing around. In real life I am currently a research assistant at a local university, where I also take some classes, and while I sometimes have thoughts about setting Apache/PHP/MySQL up locally, I never get around to it so I use a server account to program. Not sure if it is the best way to learn, but what I did was to decide on one script I would like to make, create it, debug, RTFM, repeat. Evenually my knowledge grew to what I know today.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams
Old 07-29-2006, 05:26 PM
Green Plog

Gallery: 0
Comments: 0

Code:
Content visible to registered users only.
Tried wamp?
It takes a few mins to set up but does everything for you and you can switch to php4 as needed. You might need to tweak php.ini to syncronise the loaded modules with the server.
In my experience, playing with vB stuff on my pc is heaps faster than modifying the file, uploading it, waiting for reload etc.
Old 07-30-2006, 02:37 PM
Head Plog
Admin

Comments: 25

Thanks for the link, will check it out.
Please use the forums for support, feature requests, and similar such things. Support does not include custom code, custom template edits, or third-party modifications. PMs and emails to me should be for private information only, such as login information. If you PM or email me a support question, chances are good that I'll ignore it. Thanks.
While the work or play is on, it is a lot of fun if while you are doing one you don't constantly feel that you ought to be doing the other. -- Franklin Pierce Adams